Miami/American Airlines arena

myangel

We are planning on going to Miami a few days before our cruise next year, and as a surprise for our teenage son we are getting him tickets to the Miami Heat game. My question is, is there a pretty decent hotel near the arena where we could spend the night? How far away from the arena is the port? Thanks!

which would be better , a "Bay View" or a "skyline view"?

I have failed in my search, oh woe is me. Can I go on?

Maybe Bayview means you see the bay and the buildings the Skyline view you just see buildings. I like a room with a view. (Don't ask me what kind of view I want)

This occurs in the the Bible, Old Testament in Job 10:15 in the form 'woe unto me'

from

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/413900.html

The American Airlines Arena is right next to the Bayside Market. There are several hotels within 1 mile. We stayed at the Marriott and it was great. There is also a Sheraton about the same distance away. There is a Holiday Inn right across the street. When looking for a hotel in the Miami area, look for Key Biscayne. Any hotels in the downtown area shouldn't run you more than a few bucks for a cab anyway. Your son will have a blast!

We are planning on going to Miami a few days before our cruise next year, and as a surprise for our teenage son we are getting him tickets to the Miami Heat game. My question is, is there a pretty decent hotel near the arena where we could spend the night? How far away from the arena is the port? Thanks!

We did the same thing last December and are doing it again next month. .

American Airlines Arena is as noted above, right down the street from Bayside. In fact, after the game we walked down there to just walk around and have something to eat.

As far as hotels go the Holiday Inn Marina Park offers great access to both. Right across the street from Bayside, from many room you can also see the arena (its pretty hard to miss). On one pre-cruise visit we stayed at the Holiday Inn and enjoyed room 911 a corner two room suite with connecting doors that allowed the four of us to easily stay in the same room.

But the difference in distance to the Arena as opposed to Bayside from any of the downtown hotels is a couple bucks in a cab. No big deal.

Your son will freak out at the game. Do you have any idea how cool it is to go to a Heat game or how cool you will be for giving this gift? My daughter, 16 at the time and no fan of basketball had a great time and still talks about that today.

Good for you!

SInce I have never stayed in Miami before, I have a somewhat stupid question. My Son wants to see what South Beach is all about. My qiestion is, how far away is South Beach from the BayMarket/American Airlines Arena? Thanks!

Archived