Islander......Please Help

latrn220

I will be cruising to St. Thomas with my 68 year old mother in March. She is a wonderful woman, but since my father passed away 19 yrs ago, she has never done anything for herself, only for her family. She does not like to spend money and has made it clear this will be her one and only cruise. The only reason she is going on the cruise is she won it at her 50th high school reunion!!! She has never done anything even remotely exciting and she is wanting to do things she had never thought of before like snorkel (in shallow water), parasail, etc. but she also wants to see the islands and the beautiful beaches she has heard about. We will be there from 8am to 9pm, what would be the best things you would suggest for her to do to get the most in? She is generally fit for her age with no physical problems to get in the way, and as far as the money goes, I will pay so she will not have to know :) I just want her to come back with memories she will never forget!

Thanks for any suggestions :)

I will be cruising to St. Thomas with my 68 year old mother in March. She is a wonderful woman, but since my father passed away 19 yrs ago, she has never done anything for herself, only for her family. She does not like to spend money and has made it clear this will be her one and only cruise. The only reason she is going on the cruise is she won it at her 50th high school reunion!!! She has never done anything even remotely exciting and she is wanting to do things she had never thought of before like snorkel (in shallow water), parasail, etc. but she also wants to see the islands and the beautiful beaches she has heard about. We will be there from 8am to 9pm, what would be the best things you would suggest for her to do to get the most in? She is generally fit for her age with no physical problems to get in the way, and as far as the money goes, I will pay so she will not have to know :) I just want her to come back with memories she will never forget!

Thanks for any suggestions :)

I'm not the Islander, but I can try to help :) I would highly recommend giving Godfrey Tours a try.... You shop for 1-3 hours (your choice), island tour, then your choice of beaches for 2 hours to snorkle, swim, sun or just hang out... All for $20 per person. He is an awesome tour guide!

Hello,

Has she ever been sailing? Perhaps a half day morning sail to St. John with one snorkeling stop. When you return to St. Thomas (usually the charter boats are on the east end of St. Thomas in the Red Hook area) take a taxi over to say Blue Moon Cafe, which is on the beach at Secret Harbor and have a nice lunch overlooking the pretty beach. (Secret Harbor is on the east end and not far from Red Hook.) Then take a taxi tour after lunch to see a bit of the island while making your way back to the cruise ship dock.

If you want to see more of St. Thomas, grab a quick bite to eat in Red Hook, there are several restaurants and a Subway, deli, ice cream shop there, rather then lunch on the beach and then be on your way for a longer island tour. (Full day charters typically include lunch, however half day trips mostly don't but might include snacks, fruit platter...)

I hope you both have a great time.

--Islander

Archived