Cocktails in the Orchestra Dining Room

kvo725

I have read on earlier threads that cocktail service in the dining room, other than wine, is not available. We usually like to have a cocktail while we review the menu and make our dinner selection. On our many Royal Caribbean cruises after the first night our cocktails were usually enroute to the table at the same time or soon after we were seated. Please tell me this service has improved.

After the first night ordering a cocktail at our table, and we waited about 25 minutes for it, we always went to the bar ourselves (right outside the dining room, upper) and broght to the table.

I believe there was only one server in the DR. I hope it has changed since Feb.14 when we were there.

While yes there was "cocktail" service in the dining room , I agree there only seemed to be 1 waitress on duty....another European twist to not be costantly pushing the drinks. We did the same and made sure we brought one to the table with us ....on Carnival you can't sit around the pool without someone passing every 5 minutes declaring " BAR SERVICE"...which becomes a pain ....I prefer the MSC way.

Bob

I was on the Orchestra last week and there were SCADS of drink servers running around during the meal. The problem is to get their attention and then wait for them to wade through 700 other diners to get to the bar with your order.

My recommendation is to stop at the bar right outside the door on your way in. L'Incontro and Purple bars are just steps away. Order your drinks, walk 12 steps to the dining room entry, read the evening's menu, and pick up the drink and carry it into the dining room with you.

Your waiter can also obtain a drink for you -- wine by the glass was faster to arrive then mixed drinks or bottles, but then the idea is to slowly ENJOY your meal and your dining company.

Archived