Short 3 day Cruise

bulgargirl

I am taking a cruise that is 3 nights in April/May. It's where the sun travels up from LA to dock in Vancouver for the Alaska cruises.

I've checked all the reviews of the Sun and see no reviews of short little trips like this. I was wondering if anyone had experiences with short trips and no ports? Or relatively short and relatively few ports? Does NCL offer more activities since there aren't any ports? Or do these type of cruises tend to be more laid back? Because we start in one place and end up in another, are there generally fewer passengers? Or more because the fares are so cheap?

Just curious. I like planning ahead of time. It's half the fun for me!!!!

Hmmmm... I guess they must be pretty much the same or there would be responses either raving or hating on the short, stopless cruises. :)

Its just not very common a cruise. It will be laid back and Im guessing not overly crowded . Its a short one way with airfare needed to get back . So its not really a cheap weekender. But I will say the Sun is one of my favorite ships. See if you can get one of those AC suites on the aft of the ship , they should be cheap.

Good luck , have a "relaxing time " ;)

Okay, I've never been on the West Coast, but I have been on the boat for one night and in April into May, I'll be on the Dawn for three days... These portless cruises are about two things: Duty-Free and Gambling.... Sure there are art things and on board things like Bingo and I'll bet something from Second City and the Fabulous Gem (or rather Sun) Singers and Dancers, but the raison d'etre of these is the aforementioned Liquor, Smokes and Gambling.

Pardon me if you guys do it differently out there, but this has been my experience on the shorties...

PS- Check to make sure that three day jaunt COUNTS as a cruise :eek:.... with NCL ever-tightening the purse strings, I think I just read something somewhere that said only 5-day cruises and up count towards Latitude Points.

And I Thank You

JWK: East Coast 4 Life! (heh)

Lol. Piano Man, I am not only a west coast girl, I am 5th or 6th generation Oregonian. Old school!

Thanks for that info. That's exactly what I was wondering. Just what the 'vibe' would be like. I'm down with just having a couple days to chill and go to the spa (and yes - I'm a dirty smoker - cheap smokes will make me happy) and eat a ton. So that's cool.

I'll post an update on what it was like when I get back.

Archived