Ensenada?

termoo

My DH and I plan to book the ships ATV/Winery Tour in Ensenada for our October cruise. We plan to leave our 11 year old DD on the ship in the kids club for the morning. I think our tour is 4 hours and I am sure it takes you off the beaten path to get too the wineries.

Do you all think that type of tour is safe if arranged through the cruise lines??? I was kind of looking forward too it?

If not we could consider the shorter blow hole excursion and take DD with us.

All the hype in the news about Mexico is a little concerning??? We were just in Cozumel in January and it was just lovely..No worries there.

This is our first Mexican Riveria cruise!

Michelle

My DH and I plan to book the ships ATV/Winery Tour in Ensenada for our October cruise. We plan to leave our 11 year old DD on the ship in the kids club for the morning. I think our tour is 4 hours and I am sure it takes you off the beaten path to get too the wineries.

Do you all think that type of tour is safe if arranged through the cruise lines??? I was kind of looking forward too it?

If not we could consider the shorter blow hole excursion and take DD with us.

All the hype in the news about Mexico is a little concerning??? We were just in Cozumel in January and it was just lovely..No worries there.

This is our first Mexican Riveria cruise!

Michelle

I have been on that tour and after your done with the ATV you get back on the bus and go to the winery. Had a good time on the ATV part, the winery was just so so, no tour just tasting. But it is the shortest part of the tour and you get to taste some wines.

I've done the blowhole tour also, there were no waves so the blowhole was nil. and there is a small swap meet you have to go thru to get to the blowhole and the vendors were very VERY aggressive when you walk back to the bus. A little scary to me.

If you decide to do the blowhole tour, don't buy it on the ship it is cheaper on the bus to town There is a small bus that for 3 dollars will take you into town from the pier and back that while they are driving you to town they will sell you a tour from them for 10 dollars cheaper then the ship tour.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy,

So you don't ride the ATV's to the winery??? That is good too know. Then I may re think our time in Ensenada. I found an tour operator that does ATV beach rides and we can take DD with us and it is cheaper than the ships ATV/Winery tour.

We may just book that instead.

http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/ensenada/

Thanks for the advice.

Michelle

Archived