San Juan Taxis- AOS 11/28

Hedged

Most (all?) taxis from the airport are registered and there's plenty of them. After you get your luggage just proceed to the taxi stand and a "dispatcher" will take care of you. They'll write out a ticket that you present to the driver. Cruised on Serenade last November and I recall we paid ~ $18 for trip (2 people) to Old San Juan. The trip to the pier should be the same or a couple of bucks less.

I believe there's also a small ($2-3) charge for luggage beyond one per passenger.

Andy

After you get your luggage just proceed to the taxi stand and a "dispatcher" will take care of you. They'll write out a ticket that you present to the driver.
Blue Darter is right! The dispatcher system takes away all concerns about paying too much since the taxis don't have meters. Dispatchers WON'T accept a tip either.....I wish they would, between translating languages and a little piece of mind, they are worthy of a tip! I don't think the AOS uses the pier by downtown, so make sure you tell the dispatcher the AOS. Also ask the dispatcher about the extra luggage charge!

Have a great cruise!! Are you sailing the Aruba itinerary? We are on the 1/30/05 sailing! :) :)

We got a taxi from the pier to the airport on our return. The cost for 6 plus all the luggage was $33... they charge you for extra luggage by piece. I thought that was a great rate. You won't have a problem getting a taxi at the airport. There is a line once you get your luggage outside for a taxi stand. It is a flat rate plus luggage after a certain amount. Have a great trip.

Just returned on 11/14 and I called down on 11/5 and arranged for a "limo" service to pick our group of 8 up at the airport. They didn't know I called and arranged that, so when we got at the ternminal to pick up our luggage, there stood a woman holding a sign with my name. We were greeted very friendly and we had our luggage and in the VAN in minutes. Cost for 8 INCLUDING luggage, which I had a bunch, was $65. We arrived a day early and was very glad we did. We also had them pick us up at the motel and take us to the ship. It was a husband and wife team that picked us up and they were in business for many, many years! 787-791-4745.

Have fun!

Lisara

Archived