Welcome Back credit?

gill_boo

Hey all,

I did a back to back in the beginning of Feb. Hoping to book my October cruise before the end of March. Here is my question. I am going to be booking 2 cabins for 4 people, since I did a back to back think I could get the welcome back credit for both cabins?

My DH and I did a 5 day cruise in December. We then booked 2 cabins for a cruise in October and got a $50 credit for both cabins. I'm not sure what the credit should have been. Maybe Carnival split it between the 2 cabins.

It's a credit you get if you book another cruise within 60 days of returning from a cruise. Some people get letters, but you don't need one. When you book your new cruise tell the PVP that you just go back from a cruise and they will give you the credit.

We had 1 cabin last cruise and then booked 2 for the next, ours was split between the 2 cabins. I was told that if we had 2 previous, we could get 2, but it's based on your last booking.

We could have also chose to have the price discounted by the welcome back amount.

We had 1 cabin last cruise and then booked 2 for the next, ours was split between the 2 cabins. I was told that if we had 2 previous, we could get 2, but it's based on your last booking.

We could have also chose to have the price discounted by the welcome back amount.

FLR is correct..It's actually a discount right off the top of your next cruise (providing you meet the requirements) as opposed to a credit.

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Government taxes/fees are additional for all guests. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Receive $50 off per stateroom on a future sailing. Sailing must be booked within 60 days of cruise depart date. Savings is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy guests receive 1/2 the savings amount. Not combinable on restricted rate codes. Valid on category 4A and higher. Not applicable on 2 day sailings. Full deposit required at time of booking. Restrictions apply.

How does a back to back work for welcome back credit? For example, if I sail on a B to B and then want to book another cruise (or two) when I get back, would I have be able to use a WBC for each previous sailing on two new cruises?

Sorry, I just realized that was what the OP was asking, I was confused....

I actually have a B to B to B. So, I am assuming I would have 3 WBC to use.

It's a credit you get if you book another cruise within 60 days of returning from a cruise. Some people get letters, but you don't need one. When you book your new cruise tell the PVP that you just go back from a cruise and they will give you the credit.

There are restrictions: If you book at a military or interline rate they will NOT give you the credit. Not sure about senior/past guest rates.

How does a back to back work for welcome back credit? For example, if I sail on a B to B and then want to book another cruise (or two) when I get back, would I have be able to use a WBC for each previous sailing on two new cruises?

Sorry, I just realized that was what the OP was asking, I was confused....

I actually have a B to B to B. So, I am assuming I would have 3 WBC to use.

If you book after your B2B2B and book the same again within 60 days, what they would probably do is discount each cruise by $50. You can ask for it to be an OBC, which they are more than happy to do instead of a discount.

If you booked one cruise after your B2B2B, they won't give you 3 x's the amount, but you would have 3 booking numbers to reference for booking any other new within the 60 days.

FWIW, Carnival told me they were giving $100 Welcome Back for 7+ day cruises. The customer service rep. might have been wrong, but if anyone is taking a 7+, they should ask.

If you book after your B2B2B and book the same again within 60 days, what they would probably do is discount each cruise by $50. You can ask for it to be an OBC, which they are more than happy to do instead of a discount.

If you booked one cruise after your B2B2B, they won't give you 3 x's the amount, but you would have 3 booking numbers to reference for booking any other new within the 60 days.

FWIW, Carnival told me they were giving $100 Welcome Back for 7+ day cruises. The customer service rep. might have been wrong, but if anyone is taking a 7+, they should ask.

That makes sense...thanks.

I knew I wouldn't get them all off one, but I have 2 cruises I want to book and am trying to figure out when to do it. And knowing that I will be able to get the credit towards 3 after the B2B2B complicates my plans...lol.

Archived