Jet Ski's in Grand Cayman ????

Daniel1313

Does anyone know if you can rent Jet ski's in Grand Cayman???

Thanks

Dan

Have a fun-filled day at the beach with Red Sail Sports beach toys. We offer activities to suit every member of the family. Choose from waverunners, sailing, parasailing, snorkeling and more. Instructors are available. You'll find Red Sail Sports watersports at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites, Westin Casuarina, Marriott Resort, Morritt's Resort and Rum Point.

I am a first time cruiser. Will be cruising to Cayman Islands on 4/14/09. I will have a wide range of folks with me, ranging from age 8 to 59, 12 people. What is the age limit for jet skis? What are the prices?

Some will want to snorkel. None of us have snorkeled. Will there be an instructor?

Do we book an excursion that utilizes Rum Pointe or Seagrape beach or come straight to Red Sails Sports? If we do that, will there be a spot on the beach for relaxing while others enjoy the water sports? How do you suggest we get there?

Do I need to reserve anything in advance.:cool:

I am a first time cruiser. Will be cruising to Cayman Islands on 4/14/09. I will have a wide range of folks with me, ranging from age 8 to 59, 12 people. What is the age limit for jet skis? What are the prices?

Usually you have to be 16 to drive them. Prices vary from operator to operator, but quite a few people have posted the rates they encountered...try a search in this forum and some should turn up.

Or, the rates used to be on Red Sail's website...they reorganized the site recently, but I'm sure they're still there somewhere.

http://redsailcayman.com/en/activities/cruiseShipVisitors.html

Some will want to snorkel. None of us have snorkeled. Will there be an instructor?

Usually, unless you've booked a snorkeling excursion, there won't be an instructor...you're just renting the equipment.

Do we book an excursion that utilizes Rum Pointe or Seagrape beach or come straight to Red Sails Sports? If we do that, will there be a spot on the beach for relaxing while others enjoy the water sports? How do you suggest we get there?

Okay...that's a really big question, and a wide range of destinations.

If you just want a beach stop with water sports rental availability, just take a taxi to either Royal Palms or Sea Grape, which are both sections of Seven Mile Beach with great free facilities and rental possibilities.

Rum Point is very similar to those two spots in terms of facilities and activities, but is an hour away from the port area. To get there you either need to book an excursion that includes a stop at Rum Point (either privately or through the cruise line) or you need to rent a car for the day and drive there. There are whole threads here discussing this, so a quick search should net you tons of details.

If you want an organized watersports-type excursion, that's another thread altogether... :D There's as many variations of those as there are tour operators...

Do I need to reserve anything in advance.:cool:

As mentioned above, it depends on what you decide to do. A snorkeling (or other) excursion, with or without a stop at Rum Point, should be booked in advance. If you just want to head to the beach and do your own thing, just grab a taxi when you get off the ship...there will be dozens headed in that direction.

Have a fun-filled day at the beach with Red Sail Sports beach toys. We offer activities to suit every member of the family. Choose from waverunners, sailing, parasailing, snorkeling and more. Instructors are available. You'll find Red Sail Sports watersports at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites, Westin Casuarina, Marriott Resort, Morritt's Resort and Rum Point.

do you know if we can contact any of the above hotels and let them know we're coming? perhaps "rent" their beach for the day? thnx... red sail sports sounds exactly like what we're looking for... a beach to hang out and relax but also have parasailing, banana boats etc for the kids...

do you know if we can contact any of the above hotels and let them know we're coming? perhaps "rent" their beach for the day? thnx... red sail sports sounds exactly like what we're looking for... a beach to hang out and relax but also have parasailing, banana boats etc for the kids...

Beach access is free in Cayman. You need to pay a hotel for a "day pass" only if you want access to their pool and other facilities.

There are a couple of sections of Seven Mile Beach (where almost all of those hotels are located) that have free facilities (showers, restrooms, etc.) and rental chairs/umbrellas/watersports as well as a bar/restaurant. The two most popular are Sea Grape and Royal Palms. Just grab a taxi at the pier to either of those locations and you'll find everything you need.

Red Sail Sports is a watersports company with locations at several different spots along Seven Mile Beach and elsewhere. They are at Sea Grape, Courtyard by Marriott, The Westin, The Grand Cayman Beach Suites (formerly Hyatt), and the Marriott Beach Resort on Seven Mile Beach.

Red Sail also has locations at Rum Point in North Side and Morritts Tortuga Club in East End.

Banana Boat rides and parasailing are only from the Seven Mile Beach locations. Banana Boat rides are not always available so you might want to email ahead and ask. It really depends upon the staus of the speed boat on the day you visit.

Archived