Family / Children Activities Available on Different Cruiselines

jaybeedee

Cruisemama and others who have traveled on more than one cruiseline... We are thinking about taking our children (who will be 12, 10, & 7) on our next cruise. We are interested to know what the different cruiselines offer for kids. For instance... we just read about the new programs on RCCL. Waterworks, late night sleep-over style parties on Carnival. Are the counselors equally qualified? Thanks.

Yes every cruise line seems to have equally qualified staff in their kids clubs. In my signature is a link for the kid pages, you can see each cruise line's scanned kids pages there. :)

I saw you want to sail out of Port Canaveral. You should look into the Freedom of the Seas. That class of ships have been our favorite so far. :)

The problem with this question is that everyone has a different answer. My DS has done Disney twice (at 4 and 10) and Carnival once (age 9). He loved Disney both times and didn't care much for Carnival (Victory). Disney, IMO, has much better family activities (separate pools, dedicated kid spaces, family friendly shows, etc.) Carnival, from what I've seen, run alot of their kids programs out of the night clubs. Others will tell you that their kids love the programs of all the cruiselines. That said, we're booked to go back on Carnival (Valor) this coming Thanksgiving. DS will be 12 by then. I've looked at the activities and they look like things he should really enjoy... I've really enjoyed the extra "sports" activities of RCCL (rock climbing, etc.) on our "adult" cruises and look forward to having him come along on one of those in the future. Best of luck in finding your favorite. Any cruise is a good cruise!

Archived