Itinerary sell out

1stimekruiser

Hi all!
Do all ships sell out on each itinerary, or is that only effected by what time of year it is? I will be on the Century in October and I know there's usually not a lot of kids at that time, but I'm just trying to get a feel for how crowded the cruise might be. Knowing that ususally gives me a good idea on how far in advance I need to book such things like shore excursions, or how fast I need to move in order to make salon reservations or dinner reservations in the specialty resturant.
Thanks for the help!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003
Carnival Sensation 11/2002

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1stimekruiser:
Hi all!
Do all ships sell out on each itinerary

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's an interesting question! Hope this helps!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Traditionally ships use to really sell out for high peak times. 1st there are a lot more people cruising. 2nd people who don't have to go at peak times have become smart and looked for nonpeak times. My only advice is to keep on checking your sailing and consider booking tours in advance. If you change your mind, onboard you can change them. As for salon reservations it is better to book when you board if you want a particular item (especially hair done on a formal night), otherwise you can wait to see the specials. Personally, I check out what night is the formal ( not choose that one, cause I consider the food to be the best on that night) and then choose another date. ask people who have the itineary before you, what day may be a good day for the speciality restaurant.

Hi there,

I cruised the Century last October on the Eastern Caribbean trip. The ship was at full capacity because the guest relations desk had posted a sign that upgrades would not be available for purchase due to a full ship. I agree that cruising off peak has become popular. The rates for Century in October are lower than at almost any time of the year, so I would assume a full ship for you as well. It is a good idea to purchase your shore excursions online on Celebrity's website. We did that and we avoided long lines and disappointments. The salon is always busy so make sure you head there and to the aqua spa first for appointments. The salon is always packed on formal nights and the aqua spa is always booked for the days at sea. There is no specialty restaurant on Century like there is on the newest ships. However, I don't know if you need to make a reservation for the casual alternative dining in the buffet area. I believe there is waiter service, so you would have to take the advice of someone who used that dining option. As far as children onboard, there were definitely not as many as there was the first time I sailed Century and that was during the summer. I hope I helped you out!
Happy Cruising!

This year has been a near-banner year for the industry, so occupancy rates are relatively high. Off-season cruises in the past have tended to have a fairly small percentage of vacancies (in my opinion), which are probably smaller now than a year or two ago. Unusual itineraries, particularly 2-week cruises during the school year, are usually less crowded.

That said, you seldom have a sense of crowding except for the buffet at peak times, or getting on or off the ship.

It is worthwhile to book shore excursions beforehand, particularly if one time is preferred over another, or if some are limited in participation. Onboard, it's usually simpler to book via the cabin TV than to stand in line. You can book the spa onboard, but it's best to do it early in the cruise because the "best" time slots tend to fill up quickly.

WOW! I didn't know the Century doesn't have that 5 star dining resturant. Thanks for all the info! This site is always so helpful. I'm still fairly new to cruising, so I haven't really got the "feel" for everything yet.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003
Carnival Sensation 11/2002

It looks like from your other posts you're sailing on October 2... my wife and I are both on that one, as are my sister-in-law and her husband, so that's 2 more cabins accounted for. If you count up the people on [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=9243096327&m=2183043077"]this[/url] thread, that's 4 more cabins taken up so far. According to the Cruise Critic [url="http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=15"]review[/url], the Century has 569 inside cabins and 306 inside cabins, for a total of 875. 875 - 7 = 868. Therefore, it looks like there's plenty of room so far [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived