Travel/Cruise Traditions.What are ya'lls?

TnMama

Not me but.....My younger daughter, everywhere she goes, she takes pictures of toilets..started as a joke, since she is engaged to a plumber!

Older daughter travels everywhere with a little stuffed dog...and I mean everywhere! She is 29:rolleyes:

We always go out to a special dinner the night before we leave for any vacation, nice to calm down and have a few minutes of quiet time.

Not me but.....My younger daughter, everywhere she goes, she takes pictures of toilets..started as a joke, since she is engaged to a plumber!

Older daughter travels everywhere with a little stuffed dog...and I mean everywhere! She is 29:rolleyes:

We always go out to a special dinner the night before we leave for any vacation, nice to calm down and have a few minutes of quiet time.

I think the toilet pics are cute!lol.My daddy is a plumber,so I can apprciate the symbolism,lol.....:)

Like a lot of others, I also write our names and year in the sand and take pictures of it at all of the beaches we go to. And I also try to get a Christmas ornament each place too. One of my favorite things is pulling the ornaments out at Christmas and remembering all the fun trip memories!

Renalrn - I like that idea of collecting a little sand at each place, I may have to start doing that!

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is a little goofy, and I began it when I first started taking my daughter on cruises with me. Sorry, it doesn't involve feet.

I told her we're not officially cruising until our foot touches down on the ship (Hey, I guess it does involve feet after all!)

As we approach the top of the gangway, I begin a long, drawn out "Weeeeeeeee're. . . .", then as I touch my foot down on the ship, I finish ". . . . CRUISING!!!!!". It was just a silly thing I did for her when she was 11. She's 21 now, and even now when we board a cruise, she'll look over at me, grinning in anticipation of what she knows is coming. . . .

I love this!

I always take a picture of something that symbolizes where we are and the year it is.

EX: I would write 2009 in the sand if at the beach

Or 2009 in the snow with colored water if skiing

Or 2009 in currency coins if I was in Europe or somewhere

That is an absolutely adorable idea! I'm going to have to start doing something like this. Thanks for the idea! ;)

I love to run to our room, get the hard work over with immediately and unpack! LOL I then like to sit on the balcony with my husband, have a cool drink, and wait till we set sail! We usually take those goofy pictures where you stick your arm out way out far and usually only get your faces. :):)

I then wait around for the Muster Drill after which we walk around the ship and explore. Usually a quick bite and then I relax until dinner. I love cruising!

Anyone remember hearing about a garden troll being stolen and taken around the world a few years ago. I saw 1 in Walgreens today and thought I should get it and take him with me. I left him there, but may go get him tommorrow for the cruise on Saturday. LOL I am so silly :D

I collect Christmas ornaments from each ship I have traveled on and every location I have visited. Over the years, I have collected so many that a few years ago we added a second 7' Christmas tree -- named the "Travel Tree". All of the collected ornament go on it, along with some ornaments of trains, planes and automobiles -- and a few little suitcase and vintage camera ornaments.

I look forward to decorating our tree every year and recalling the places we have been!

we also buy a Christmas ornament from each port, and each ship! It is so fun every year to unpack the ornaments and recall the memories we had at each place, and the fun we had trying to find the perfect ornament from each place!

good memories

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I have the foot fetish thing going, too. But, I think it's y'alls fault! I read a suggestion here on the boards to take a picture of your feet in the sand. That got expanded to pictures showing our feet while lounging, etc. When we got back, we made a slide show of our trip and sent it to family that had really encouraged us to cruise. My SIL sent me an e-mail about how much she loved the slide show - but what was it with us and feet? Here's one of my favorites - it took us about 8 attempts to get it right - we were laughing so hard and some of our coverups kept getting in the picture.

Love your photo. I'm trying to find mine, which is very similar..except we had stopped at Key West, and I bought everyone toe rings..We have one with everyone wearing an ankle bracelet. We make sure it's only the feet, and if people look a little "snooty" about them, we tell them the reason why it's just our feet is that we are "shhhhhhhhh....nudist" and the toe ring/ankle bracelet is all we were wearing. You should see how they look at my 70 year old Mother when we tell them this!!!

Love your photo. I'm trying to find mine, which is very similar..except we had stopped at Key West, and I bought everyone toe rings..We have one with everyone wearing an ankle bracelet. We make sure it's only the feet, and if people look a little "snooty" about them, we tell them the reason why it's just our feet is that we are "shhhhhhhhh....nudist" and the toe ring/ankle bracelet is all we were wearing. You should see how they look at my 70 year old Mother when we tell them this!!!

I love it - that is too funny.:p

We just got back from our second cruise and took another foot picture. We, also, are all wearing ankle bracelets which we had just bought. It always takes us several tries to take with our different cameras, and someone is falling over, and someone else's feet get covered up. In the midst of our commotion, our waiter came over this time and decided to get into the action.

ry%3D480

• 5 years later...

Lol. So cool

Would love to see their faces on that one

Is a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Forums