Spring Break - changes to NCL policy for parental alchohol consent

AmazingRace

For those parents who are sending their kids on an NCL cruise over this years spring break, note the change to policy with immediate effect:

Kids between 18-20 can drink only if their parent or legal guardian (in person) will sign the parental alcohol consent form (available at the front desk only).

Uncles, brothers, grandparents, sisters, family friends, group leaders or room-mate CANNOT sign this form.

Happy Spring Break

:D

Uncles, brothers, grandparents, sisters, family friends, group leaders or room-mate CANNOT sign this form.

Yup. :) I saw many a pissed off 18-20-year-old this past weekend whose boyfriend, girlfriend, or friend wanted to sign the consent form for them. Oh well! :p

(Pssst...you really only need to be 21 to buy drinks. But nobody will be carding to actually drink them.)

I thought this was always the policy. Parent or Legal Guardian never friend, uncle, neighbor, etc.

I don't know, but there was a chick at the front desk on Friday insisting to the receptionists that she'd signed for her boyfriend last year and it was OK. They didn't buy it. ;)

One big change is that the parent or legal guardian must sign IN PERSON now. No more faxing the form in or signing ahead of time and bringing it there. Thus, because you can only do this in person at the reception desk while on the ship, essentially, the parent or legal guardian must be cruising with the Spring Breaker. :D

They only need one kid to buy the buckets of beer anyway. As I well recall from my day (many moons ago) where there's a will there's a way! On the Sky last week, I was just jealous of all the fun they were having :p

I don't know, but there was a chick at the front desk on Friday insisting to the receptionists that she'd signed for her boyfriend last year and it was OK. They didn't buy it. ;)

One big change is that the parent or legal guardian must sign IN PERSON now. No more faxing the form in or signing ahead of time and bringing it there. Thus, because you can only do this in person at the reception desk while on the ship, essentially, the parent or legal guardian must be cruising with the Spring Breaker. :D

I always thought it should be that way anyway, that the parents should be present.

On the Sky last week, I was just jealous of all the fun they were having :p

There's a difference between fun and stupid/obnoxious. When they're yelling loudly at night (couldn't hear them in my cabin, but I know that others from our Roll Call could) and running down the hallways making noise, not to mention being lewd and rowdy on the tender coming back to ship, and they disturb other passengers, that's not fun. That's obnoxious.

I graduated from college 10 years ago this spring. I was a sorority girl. Trust me, I partied in college. But when you're bothering others, it's just not cool.

If we ever take another cruise for our anniversary (March 6), it will not happen during our actual anniversary ever again, unless we went somewhere non-Spring Break, like South America round-the-Cape cruise or Europe or whatnot. No Mexico, Caribbean, or Bahamas, that's for sure!

There's a difference between fun and stupid/obnoxious. When they're yelling loudly at night (couldn't hear them in my cabin, but I know that others from our Roll Call could) and running down the hallways making noise, not to mention being lewd and rowdy on the tender coming back to ship, and they disturb other passengers, that's not fun. That's obnoxious.

I completely agree with you, and maybe our cruise was a bit more tame than yours. We met some super nice kids on board, and at the beach. A few of the girls were a bit shrieky but beyond that, I didn't see anything that bothered me. Of course, it may just be that we weren't around when they got really rowdy.

I think it has always or certainly been that way, only legal guardians or parents could sign, but they did not have to be sailing with the 18-21 year olds. At least that has been my understanding. I know it can be tough on the college crowd but it is a good move. In the case of the poster who said the father signed. If he was sailing with the 18-21 year olds maybe that is the exception as he could assume full responsibility.

Nita

It has always been that it had to be signed onboard, Faxing or signing ahead of time was never an option. :cool:

For those parents who are sending their kids on an NCL cruise over this years spring break, note the change to policy with immediate effect:

Kids between 18-20 can drink only if their parent or legal guardian (in person) will sign the parental alcohol consent form (available at the front desk only).

Happy Spring Break

:D

Ouch there goes the cash cow.

My neighbor went out last week on the Majesty. He said there were over 600 college students on board and they ruined the cruise. He paid extra for a suite and there were kids in the next room carrying till 4 or 5 in the morning. They would run down the halls at night drunk banging on peoples door. No one could call security because"for some reason" the phone system was down all week. On deck they were telling older folks to get out of the hot tubs. In the disco they were jumping up and down on the dance floor to break the Plexiglas lighted dance floor tiles and ripping down the curtains.

NCL would not deliver the booze purchased on board on the last night of the cruise and they all were in a rage over that.

I thought my friends and I were rowdy when we were young. I can not believe what I see and hear about these spring breakers doing. I just don't understand how these kids think it is okay to be rude,obnoxious,destructive and just plain reckless because they have a couple weeks off from school. Not to mention the parents. My friend was on the Pursers line and over heard a young girl complaining about running out of money. She told the purser her mother wired $6,000. the purser said yes she did but the student AND her boyfriend already went through it all!

The worst part is Majesty was taking on 1000 more students on the cruise that went out this past Saturday.

If I was running the cruise lines I would raise the drinking age to 25 during spring break periods.

I thought this was always the policy. Parent or Legal Guardian never friend, uncle, neighbor, etc.

This is a sign at one of the bars on the Majesty that's been there for a couple of years, at least.

5f1c84fd.jpg

Definitely. :D

But it was in effect this past weekend on the Sky and there were still lots of loud, rowdy drunk people. Fortunately, they stuck to certain parts of the ship so everyone else could avoid them.

It was unbearable how rude they were...the things they would say to people who were minding the own buisness just to look "cool" in front of there friends. Some were okay not bad and crazy but some were out of control as if it was the first time they were allowed to drink.

I'm 21....I know how to act like a human being!:eek:

What amazes me about these teenagers are that they are buying alcoholl on the ship, now that's expensive...This is not a Mexcio all-inclusive. I can't even imagine how much their alcohol bill is. (A year's worth of college maybe?)

Must be a scary bill for sure!

What amazes me about these teenagers are that they are buying alcoholl on the ship, now that's expensive...This is not a Mexcio all-inclusive. I can't even imagine how much their alcohol bill is. (A year's worth of college maybe?)

I don't get it. I said to my son if your point of spring break is to get drunk, you may as well stay home. It's much cheaper.

Archived