Any Potter's Cay Info

YankeeClipper581

I will be in Nassau on Saturday March 21 as a stop aboard the NCL Sky. I will most likely be doing a good of walking (I have no plans to book an excursion) to take in the area. I typically enjoy more off-the-beaten-path type activities and particularly enjoy local food and culture. I have come across brief mentionings of Potter's Cay on this site and in other travel guides, but they didn't have much in terms of detail. I was wondering if anyone had been there recently, and if so, what were your impressions of the place? Is it worth seeing? I was hoping to grab some fresh conch and a cold beer and would prefer something along the lines of one of the outdoor vendors there as opposed to the traditional restaurant types at Arawak Cay. Is this possible on a Saturday? Any info on where to eat there or whether it is appropriate for myself and my GF (both late 20's with a good deal of travel experience) would be greatly appreciated.

YankeeClipper581- Potter's Cay is always mentioned when we vacation in the Bahamas, but we haven't made it there to get food. :( It seems evey time we tried, things were closed, (rain, too late, etc). I'm *YIKES* not a seafood lover, but my husband grew up in the Caymans and LOVES anything that hails from the seas. :D We ate at Twin Brother's in Arawak Cay last November and he was really impressed. We weren't outside, although they do have outdoor seating, but we had a great view of a small inlet and there were several guys pulling up conch. So that was neat to see. He had conch salad and one of their plates including a few types of fish and loved it. :p

I'm sure someone will be on who can give you more info on Potter's Cay.

I'd wanted to do Potter's Cay, but Scubagrrl (who is a local and posts on here often) said nothing will be open on a Saturday afternoon on Potter's Cay. Her suggestion was Arawak Cay.

We were going to do that, but our stingray excursion got postponed (supposed to go in the morning and it got canceled and we got put on the afternoon instead) so we were short on time and didn't think we could make it to Arawak Cay in the time we had left (after wandering around town and up to the fort), so we wandered around town and found Pepper Pot Grill, which was on a very quiet street and totally off-the-beaten path. We were the only ones in the restaurant, and it was hands down the best meal we had during our entire vacation!

Archived