Tips?

pakmount

Does anyone know where this is listed in the documents, I knew about this on my first cruise because a friend told me, but do TA's or Carnival tell you in advance that you will be tipping? I take a lot for granted because everything I learned was from friends or experience, but for those who have never cruised before and dont know about this website, is there any place that has this and other info about charges, etc listed?

It is discussed on Page 5 of your cruise documents.

I know its on the FAQs...but I only know from my mom telling me from my 1st cruise..im sure its on the documents somewhere.. i dont remember tho

if you received paper documents, there is a "Welcome Aboard" brochure included in that packett. Tipping information is found around page 29-31... This brochure has all sorts of useful information in it....you should read it. There is also a "Know Before You Go" brochure available...here is the link"

http://www.carnival-brochures.com/welcome/ebook.asp

It's also a good idea to do a little advanced research about your cruise before you leave. Carnival's website is loaded with everything you should know before you board the ship.....including all the terms and conditions and the passenger ticket contract you agreed to by reserving your cruise. These things are very important to know.....

If you are going off alone - away from Mom, at least find out what you need to know.....

if you received paper documents' date=' there is a "Welcome Aboard" brochure included in that packett. Tipping information is found around page 29-31... This brochure has all sorts of useful information in it....you should read it. There is also a "Know Before You Go" brochure available...here is the link"

http://www.carnival-brochures.com/welcome/ebook.asp

It's also a good idea to do a little advanced research about your cruise before you leave. Carnival's website is loaded with everything you should know before you board the ship.....including all the terms and conditions and the passenger ticket contract you agreed to by reserving your cruise. These things are very important to know.....

If you are going off alone - away from Mom, at least find out what you need to know.....[/quote']

ummm ..ok??.. thanks.. i know what I am doing.. and have cruised several times without "mom".. thanks

Am I automatically charged this $10.00/ day/ person on my Sign and Sail?

If so, do I still have to tip on board?

How much $$ should I have with me?

3 days till cruise and soooo much to learn! :(

Yes they are charged to your account. Or you can call whoever you booked through and prepay them. On a 3 day cruise it's only $30 per person. You do not have to tip anyone else on board unless you want to. Any mandatory tips like at the bar on your drink are added on automatically.

Yes, the $10 per person per day will automatically be posted to your S&S account on embarkation day. No need to tip extra unless you want to.

The 15% gratuity for alcohol or soda will be automatically charged to your S&S as well.

For room service, you should tip the delivery person $1 or $2 in cash when they bring your order.

It's a good idea to tip in cash to the porters that handle your luggage before the cruise....about $1 or $2 per bag. They are not Carnival employees.

• 2 weeks later...

Before we left we get 100. in singles and then some fives for tipping for the porter and taxis and room service and drinks

Archived