Any Car Rental Drop-offs in DT Miami??

Mlascheid

Looking to rent car at FLL airport and drop-off the next day in Miami. Would like to drop off somewhere in DT area( want to avoid going to MIA airport) and then take a taxi to pier. Any info on DT area drop-offs. May be staying in Coconut Grove....any ideas if there are any agencies that have drop-off's there? Thanks for any tips.

Looking to rent car at FLL airport and drop-off the next day in Miami. Would like to drop off somewhere in DT area( want to avoid going to MIA airport) and then take a taxi to pier. Any info on DT area drop-offs. May be staying in Coconut Grove....any ideas if there are any agencies that have drop-off's there? Thanks for any tips.

we booked a van thru alamo they said they have a drop off at the pier

hoping they are right

it is costing us aroun $70 for pickup in fll jan 1 and drop off jan 2

hope this helps

Sheraton is the only one listed in downtown. I am flying in FLL next Sat-1 day before cruise picking up a car from budget-doing a airboat ride in the everglades and dropping car off at Sheraton(same day). This saves us from paying for parking($23)and we can take a $10 cab right to ship instead of driving to airport to drop -off car and waiting for a shuttle back. Address for Sheraton is 495 Brickell ave-Harry

I just called to reserve a car at Alamo and the reservationist told me that they DO have a drop off at the Port of Miami. I questioned him, but he said it is listed as a drop off in the computer, so I reserved a car. I'm still trying to verify this with someone who knows for sure...but it's not easy getting to the bottom of this. I'd hate to get to the port and find out that I have to go all the way back to the airport for a drop off!!!!! You'd think that the Alamo people would know if there is a drop off there or not!

The pickup/dropoff site was not on the airport property last year but very close. We got a bit confused so we entered the airport,found signs for car rentals and we were directed right into Alamo. It was very easy and we encountered very little traffic.

So, there IS a shuttle from Alamo to the port? They did have a drop-off location of "Port of Miami", but the telephone number was the same as the airport location. I also noticed that they were charging more per car than dropping-off at the airport.

I'm driving from West Palm Beach airport to Miami the day of our cruise.

Dave

Whomever you rent from, play it safe, call their location directly. Do not rely on information from the 800# car rental agency operator. Inquire about port shuttle availability and get the name of the person who you speak with. Nothing worse then arriving and a car rental clerk telling you they've never had a port shuttle.

Better safe then sorry.;)

I booked a car through Hertz, downtown location, no extra charge for drop off from FLL, shuttle to port available.

TA, (poor communication), booked through Alamo. They do not have a different location from the Airport. However, if you are going to the Port of Miami rather than the airport they book it to a "port of miami" location in order to have a shuttle available to take you there. She got the better rate so we will go with Alamo.

Su

Archived