Pics of converted spa cabins on Triumph

We were on the 2/22 sailing on the Triumph and had one of the converted spa deck cabins and thought some of you may be interested in what they're like.

We were in cabin 1105; one of the 14 cabins on the spa deck (deck 11) that were converted into balcony cabins during drydock last fall. These are now category "8F". The forward spa deck is very small -- just the 14 balcony cabins on the outside and the Spa/gym and Camp Carnival in the interior area of the deck.

First of all, we loved the location. Steps from the gym and sauna and convenient to the elevators. The deck also comes right out to the Lido deck and the main pool area. Still, it was VERY quiet. We only heard a bit of noise during the day from the putt-putt area above (starboard side.) Since this is the highest cabin deck, the balcony has no overhang or "roof". So, it gets quite a bit of sun plus it's visible from people standing at the rails on deck 12 above.

The cabin itself is a standard balcony stateroom but they've installed a floor-to-ceiling window with a sliding glass door (picture attached.) I liked it much better than the window plus french door combination. The door is much easier to open (and you can also leave it open.)

The cabin accommodates four with a pull-down bunk bed and a sofa-bed. My son opted for the bunk bed which was big and sturdy enough to accommodate an adult without any problem (as long as you don't mind the ladder.) The bunk stayed down the whole cruise but we could still use the sofa which worked out well.

Standard bathroom, shower only. It did have a cabinet that comfortably held ALL of our toiletries, suntan lotions, etc.

The only potential drawback is, being that high up, if the ship is rocking at all, you will definitely feel it! We had unusually windy/rough water for February and my husband had to resort to Dramamine+wrist bands a couple of the nights.

444525378_Triumphspacabin1105(1)_1.jpg.3983b12538693332ec5d5200c0f39096.jpg

1738512515_Triumphspacabin1105(2)_1.jpg.5d66cd8291e0c87518cc9256c6eea70b.jpg

Thank you for posting the pics Username... I wonder if you could enlighten me on any other upgrades? Like flat screen tv, upgraded linens, etc.? ALSO, do these cabins include a refrigerator? We absolutely need one for meds.

Thanks again; we sail May 31 to Bahamas in 1107 & 1109.

Picklebritches

Archived