Also recently back from the Sensation Nov.15 Sailing

mattsmom

This is a bit late but what with staying a couple of days after cruise in NO and then Thanksgiving I have been way too busy. First let me say that I am sorry we did not meet up with the Cruise Critic gang,just don't know where the time went. However that being said if you were in the Touch of Class Piano Bar at night you probably were with us. We enjoyed Anton's excellent entertainment. We wonder where Jesse is now!!!!!

We enjoyed this cruise much more than we had anticipated and were amazed at how Playa del Carmen has changed in the past several years.We did take the ship's tour into Cancun as we have been considering visiting there for a land trip. My DH liked it but for me it was a bit too FL like. our original cabin was an upper and lower but we were upgraded to a regular inside and thought the cabin to be most spacious. We got towel animals every night!

And we had no bad smells in our cabin!

We enjoyed Shawn as the CD. and would sail again just to have fun in the piano bar with Anton!

Ernie and Valerie

We were in the last colors called to get off the ship and had checked into our hotel and were out walking on Canal Street by 11:15 a.m.

It was not at all "choppy" coming back up the Missippi but going out to the Guilf and for the first day or so was rocking. We just enjoy that even more!

We sailed on first trip out of Nola on Sensation (10/23) & had a blast. Our Cruise Director was Michael. I guess they have changed already. Ship was great. Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours. New Orleans is always a fun place too.

Thanks for the info... will be cruising on the Sansation on 12/09, would love to hear more about the ship as this will be first time on Carnival and this ship.

Paradise Beach is not to be missed in Cozumel, we went there on our cruise and had a great time...

I was also on the Sensation 11/15 and it was a wonderful cruise despite the rocky first day...we were in Cabin U188 and one night I did notice a very faint sewage smell, nothing drastic though.

IMHO I thought the food was very good and our head waiter Bakul and his assistant, Ricky were simply fantastic, so if you are fortunate enough to have them as your wait staff, please say hello to them from the group from KY

Yes we docked in Calica and actually took the ship's tour to Cancun as we wanted to get a good look at it as we are considering a land vacation there. Once back on the ship we got right off and took the taxi($10) each way over to Playa Del Carmen. Our stay in port had been extended so we had plenty of time for this. If your time isn't extended and you have seen or aren't interested in Tulum then go to Playa Del Carmen. It was lots of fun. In Cozumel we were lucky to dock in the downtown port so no taxi needed -could just get on and off the ship at will. We have been there a few times before so just walked around and shopped a little, had some cold drinks. Last time we were in Cozumel we did gold drinks and that was it! Last time we were in Cozumel we went to Chankanaab by ourselves. It is very pretty.

Thanks mattsmom. We have been to Playa del, a few years ago, I might add. It was our 1st cruise, and Jamaica was having a gas war over high prices and the Celebration stopped in Playa del to subsitute for missing Mobay. We really like Playa del and wanted to go there again. Thanks!!!

Well I see my previous post was a bit messed up. What I meant to say was that we just did shopping and cold(not gold!) drinks in Cozumel and that earlier this year we went to Chankanaab.! Whew!

By the way the last time I was in Playa Del Carmen was about 16 years ago. The changes I saw this time were just beyond my imagination!

Archived