Cruises for 2010

ging466

edu-sense

Which cruise are you on in October 2010.

Were you given the $500 onboard credit as newbies?

Thanks

I was told we could NOT get the new to SilverSeas $250.00pp OBC if the stateroom as already 50% off.

We got $400 SBC and $400 cash back (about 9% discount)...and will get the AMX-Platinum $300 SBC. (Le Champagne and Seisin here we come)

ColonelWes,

Sorry to show my ignorance but what is a SBC?

Did you receive anything for paying two months early?

Thanks

Swindy, sorry Ship Board Credit...our discount (SBC and Cash back) was not provided by SS, AMX-P is

a cruise benefit for using AMX-P card (for the deposit, final pay with another AMX card)...SS only provided us, what "all Spirit booking guests got from their XAPB discount"...btw, am still somewhat put out hat we made final pay last week, and the next day they extended it for two months--but as others have posted above...we still

got a very good extended APB discount (like everyone else got) from SS on a brand new ship.

r/wes

ColonelWes,

Thanks very much for the info.

I think we got a great deal as well but if one guest has got an onboard saving because of paying early then, surely, all guests should.

Think it will be a great cruise though......

Hi all,

I also tried to get some compensation from Silversea for paying before 31-03-2009. They told me they are not giving anybody a OBC. Thought i let you know their rules are the same worldwide. I agree we got a great deal on this voyage.

Regards,

Maria

ColonelWes,

Sorry to show my ignorance but what is a SBC?

Did you receive anything for paying two months early?

Thanks

I think you are confusing people because I assume a cash rebate would be from your TA, correct?

Hi all,

I also tried to get some compensation from Silversea for paying before 31-03-2009. They told me they are not giving anybody a OBC. Thought i let you know their rules are the same worldwide. I agree we got a great deal on this voyage.

Regards,

Maria

Maria, my guess is the OBC is from the TA who took a cut of their commission to give the OBC. Some people also get $300.00 OBC for using a Platinum AMEX Card. That card is about $400.00 per year and usually used by people who have a business, etc.

...btw, am still somewhat put out hat we made final pay last week, and the next day they extended it for two months--but as others have posted above...we still

got a very good extended APB discount (like everyone else got) from SS on a brand new ship.

r/wes

I really don't understand why you would care what others are paying seeing that you had first pick of your stateroom as well as $700.00 total OBC and $400.00 cash back?

The TA's in Holland are not so generous as in the US:( Regards, Maria

Hi Maria

It's the same in Australia. When I get a quote from my TA, it's just a huge amount - no onboard credits whatsoever. I'm hoping that the Aussie dollar will strengthen a bit and if it does, I might do the Transatlantic on the Spirit next October.

Cheers

Jennifer

"The TA's in Holland are not so generous as in the US:("

"It's the same in Australia. When I get a quote from my TA, it's just a huge amount - no onboard credits whatsoever."

I hope this reply does not violate the "no TA recommendation policy" on this board, but.... nothing stops you from using a USA based TA. Yes, you pay in US$ and your credit card will take a 2% "cut" for the conversion, but you can always compare what you get locally vs in the USA and then decide.

[quote name=MJN1;18997091

I hope this reply does not violate the "no TA recommendation policy" on this board' date=' but.... nothing stops you from using a USA based TA. Yes, you pay in US$ and your credit card will take a 2% "cut" for the conversion, but you can always compare what you get locally vs in the USA and then decide.[/quote]

Yes I agree with you MJN1. Anyone living outside the USA should do their homework very carefully. The US TAs give very good OBCs.

Cheers

Ging466

I did get the prices overhere in US$ and then the TA gives you the choice of paying in dollars or euro's. With the strong euro I did pay in my local currency which was best for us. Comparing to our last trip on the Whisper ( also 16 days) we saved over 3000 euro's but a transatlantic has a better price most of the time. So for us the price was more than ok:)

Just hope to see some of the crew from the Whisper on the Spirit or will they all be new ones? Does anybody knows how this works? All new ones or will there be crew (experienced) form the other ships?

Regards,

Maria

I was shocked when I read the email from my mother because the parents have never taken care of themselves at all, and her subject was "Lawson death". I was expecting one of the 70ish parents, not the 43 yo son. He was playing tennis when he had a massive heart attack.

I am guessing Ferdinando will be doing some of the maiden stuff on Spirit. That is what Bruno is thinking. Bruno considers Ferdinando the king of CDs. I like Bruno and some others better. I wish Bruno would entertain and do a show. He is a delight.

BTW, the comment card we got is literally a comment card - no categories. It is just a page of lines.

Archived