Need some help from fellow Dawn cruisers

:confused: Well, once again I find myself turning to the cruise critic board for opinions and insight...

As you can see I am an experienced cruiser and after years of trying to talk my parents into joining my wife and I on a cruise, we finally struck an agreement that they will sail with us for the holidays for 2005. So....can anyone who has sailed out of NY during WINTER tell me about the water conditions....my Mom is the type that is easily prone to seasickness. We all live in NYC so the Dawn is our first choice since my Dad hates to fly, but, if it's going to be very rough seas, he has agreed to fly to FL or PR if necessary.

So, let's hear your experiences heading down to the Caribbean on the Dawn. Thanks!

It's the luck of the draw with the waves.

If you look at

http://www.kroooz-cams.com and go to Dawn (under NCL)-you can see that's it's a smooth as glass today. When we sailed last January we had a rough day going down and a stormy day coming back up. My personal preference is a winter cruise as it is not hurricane season where, if you read these boards, you do have more of a chance of bad weather-IMHO.

Denise

My husband also hates to fly

BTW-I am a staunch advocate of the relief band for seasickness. Yes, it's expensive-but it works!

I went out of NY last February-- No problems- We could go out on deck and enjoy the weather mid-day the first day out at sea. We hit a patch of roughness coming back around Hatteras- a few hours and it was over.. Enjoy yourselves- the warm weather really does feel great when contrasted to the cold in NY.. BTW, I was on the 10/17 Dawn sailing and THAT was rough coming back-- Two solid days of rough seas..

Hi Sailorsmate :) I was on the same February sailing and it was fine. I think you will find it depends on the weather. You can have an easy sailing or a rough one at ANY time of year. the Dawn is a large well dampered ship with stabilizer except for a real bad storm you will be fine. I hardly felt the few bumps coming around Haterous. enjoy the Dawn you'll love it as much as Sailorsmate and I do :)

PS I live in Boerum Hill, Bklyn

Archived