Need a quickie! How does the Sky compare...

michigan tim

I have only been on the Sky for a quickie (this past weekend) and loved it. Sure, she's showing her wear a little bit, but it's my understanding that she's a younger ship than CCL or RCI sends out to Bahamas for the weekend cruises.

We've been on Carnival to the Bahamas and just finished a cruise on the Sky....we absolutely loved the Sky. I thought it was a really pretty ship and the service was awesome. I liked it so much that we've booked a B2B on the Sky in Nov :D

The Sky has more balcony cabins, I don't believe Carnival has any except the few suites and not sure how many RCCL has but still not as many as SKY. We loved it also but then any cruise .... :D

I have been on RCCL's Sovereign class and several of Carnival's Fantasy class, and I think that is what they are using for the Bahamas cruises for the most part. IMO, the Sky is the best choice. She is in great shape, and has lots of balconies for a reasonable price, although when I saw the Sensation in Nassau the other day, she had a number of balconies added recently. I also think that Freestyle works really well on the Bahamas itinerary, so there is no need to rush back for dinner. If I do another quickie, it will be on the Sky.

I did RCCL Majesty of the Seas in 2007, cruised the NCL Sky in Dec 08 and again this past weekend. I love the Sky. I will be going again on the Sky in February of next year, and possibly again later this year.

I love the ship, the freestyle dining, and now I have to admit as much as I do not like the beach, I really liked Great Stirrup Cay.

Archived