after cruise in miami

cptnmrgn

Metrozoo is great and would be fun for a 2 year old (as well as adults!) - not too expensive; I believe around $16 or so for adults. It's about a 35-40 minute drive from the downtown area. It would be best if you have a stroller as there is a lot of walking (they may have them for rent if you do not have yours with you.)

http://www.miamimetrozoo.com/index.asp

Jungle Island is also fun; I took my 18 month old grandniece there and she loved it. There are lots of talking birds and other animals. Admission is a bit more costly; around $27 or so as I recall. It's much closer to downtown.

http://jungleisland.com/

Since you're coming at the end of May, keep in mind it might be quite hot - hats, lots of sunscreen & plenty of water. This will be especially true at the zoo. Given the time of year that you are visiting, the Everglades tour (which I hear is great - have not been myself, but some of our visitors have and LOVED it) might not be an ideal choice - the Everglades are very hot and buggy in the summer.

We also have a pretty good duck tour here: http://www.ducktoursmiami.com/

Have fun! :)

I can't remember if we did Sea World or SeaQuarium...or both--I know we did it both time and did the dolphin swim the first time--it was FANTASTIC! The animals seem to really like and respond to people and they are AMAZINGLY strong but careful. It was lots of fun!

I can't remember if we did Sea World or SeaQuarium...or both--I know we did it both time and did the dolphin swim the first time--it was FANTASTIC! The animals seem to really like and respond to people and they are AMAZINGLY strong but careful. It was lots of fun!

Mi mI Seaqua m.....It was the Miami Seaquarium and it was a blast. Even NPP's 70-something mom got into the 'swim' of things...the picture of her riding the dolphin was priceless.

It's not just dolphins, though, there are lots of other animals to see, including the friendly ignuana who greets you upon entering the park (I could live without that...).

It's expensive but fun.

Note..Mi Mi Seaqua m is an inside joke ... it's what happens to the wet suits if you don't handle them properly after a swim with the dolphins. the staff tell you that they don't want the letters (Miami Seaquarium) fading into Mi mi Sequa m. One of those vacation memories that lasts a lifetime.

Do the everglades tour. I was just in Miami for a week, and did most of what people have mentioned, and I liked the everglades tour the best.

Jungle Island is just a plain old zoo. I was pretty disappointed.. it used to be Parrot Jungle, where the parrots flew free throughout a "jungle." Now it's a touresty zoo where all the animals are caged except for a few macaws and cockatoos sitting on perches with clipped wings.

We did the seaquarium; it is a very old facility, but the animals and wildlife are very well cared for, the shows entertaining. I think this would work very well for a two year old and you would enjoy as well. (It isn't "world class" like the Atlanta or Chicago aquariums, but still fun. But expensive - about $35/person, and about a $25 cab ride from downtown.)

Archived