~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

great tips MelaniaUsa!!!

did anyone bring a case of water?

last weigh in before christmas. not great (i know) but i will take it :)

Happy Holidays everyone :)

-Dalia

-------------------------------

(updated 12/23/09)

Goal: lose 20 lbs in 20 weeks

Wks to go: 9 weeks

Lbs to go: 9.6

I haven't had time to read this thread through, but I wanted to jump in and gather myself with as much support as possible. I joined WW (again for the zillionth time) 3 weeks ago. I actually felt totally satisfied every day of my 1st week with my 22 pts, and wrote every morsel down. The 2nd week I did as well and was down .8 lbs. That's OK, cause I thought the 4 lbs the 1st week was mostly water loss. I have to admit, my 3rd week wasn't so good - my planning got thrown off with being stuck in the house with almost 2 ft of snow, and I did a crappy job of journaling - at least I stayed the same.

I am already feeling myself get into the wrong mindset - not losing during a week of being surrounded by cookies and other stresses is really OK, and I didn't gain. I have to remember the reality that this has to be a lifelong lifestyle change, and there will be ups and downs along the way (hopefully mostly ups!). So I'm putting myself out here to be accountable and to help give support back.

Judi

SW 182.8

CW 178

GW 150

Do not get discouraged, just keep plugging away at the journal and trying to stick as close to your points as possible around the holiday's. The weight will come off, it will be a slow process but it does work. Once you get going on the plan, you will be able to find some tasty 1-3 low point items in the grocery store that can be good for snacks. They key for me is to eat every 2-3 hours, just a little something. If I am going out to dinner or to a party, I will eat something about 30 minutes before I go so I am not starving waiting for the food to arrive.

They key for me is to eat every 2-3 hours, just a little something. If I am going out to dinner or to a party, I will eat something about 30 minutes before I go so I am not starving waiting for the food to arrive.

Eating before going out is a GREAT idea!

I'm supposed to eat every 3 hours or so myself being hypoglycemic. However I work crazy hours, right now from 7pm to 7am and I dont eat at night (trying to keep my body somewhat normal) and I sleep all day so it's hard to squeeze in all my points. I usually use little less than half at breakfast and then most of the rest at dinner. If I wake up early enough I'll have a snack and a smaller dinner.

hi everyone, i haven't posted since nov. 17. since then I have lost an additional 8.6 lbs. We have also gone on our cruise on the Dream and it was great!!! We did lots of stairs!!! We took the behind the fun tour and you have to be able to walk a lot and do a lot of stairs!! They were the ones the crew uses and we climbed a total of 14 flights up!!! I could not have done this if I still weighed 271 being down 30 lbs. has really made a difference in how I feel so when I lose the rest of my excess baggage I'll feel fantastic!!! I was feeling like I was 80 plus now I feel more like 50 so when I'm done maybe I'll feel like I'm 30!!!

We do not miss a ww meeting unless we are out of town. Sometimes we can't get to the same one on our regular day but we find one somewhere to go to. We also journal everyday and over the holidays I did not deprive myself, if there was something special I wanted I ate it just not very much of it!!!

Good luck to everyone else in your efforts to change your lifestyle not diet!!

My favorite motto is I eat to live not live to eat!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR RUTH

hi everyone, i haven't posted since nov. 17. since then I have lost an additional 8.6 lbs. We have also gone on our cruise on the Dream and it was great!!! We did lots of stairs!!! We took the behind the fun tour and you have to be able to walk a lot and do a lot of stairs!! They were the ones the crew uses and we climbed a total of 14 flights up!!! I could not have done this if I still weighed 271 being down 30 lbs. has really made a difference in how I feel so when I lose the rest of my excess baggage I'll feel fantastic!!! I was feeling like I was 80 plus now I feel more like 50 so when I'm done maybe I'll feel like I'm 30!!!

We do not miss a ww meeting unless we are out of town. Sometimes we can't get to the same one on our regular day but we find one somewhere to go to. We also journal everyday and over the holidays I did not deprive myself, if there was something special I wanted I ate it just not very much of it!!!

Good luck to everyone else in your efforts to change your lifestyle not diet!!

My favorite motto is I eat to live not live to eat!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR RUTH

'

That's awesome Ruth. I did not stay OP on my 11/30 cruise, but I was a little better than I had been on previous cruises and I did not over indulge. What I did do that was good was I went to the gym 2 out of the 4 days on the cruise, and walked the track too. I was very nervous when I got back, but I was still down .6 at the next WI!!

I enjoy walking the track on most days. Usually right after breakfast people get ready for the ports so the track is usually free and clear. Sometimes depending on what is planned for the day I may sometimes walk around 5pm or 6pm. When I cruised to Hawaii there were many sea days so it was really nice to walk in the morning. I find it easier to do it first thing as it is much cooler than the middle of the day.

HI, all -- been a long time due to the holidays. My last post was 12/17, which was our group's prior weigh-in (we were dark 12/24 & 12/31)... today was the first weigh-in back.

I was down 0.6... which is good, considering the holidays, et. al... but really I'm up overall, as I had gotten as low 208.8 and now I'm at 211.4.

My cruise is coming up at the end of April and I'd LOVE to be 190 by then. That's 21.4 lbs, a VERY agressive goal for me. I've been losing about 0.7 - 1.1 lbs per week on average, and this would be an average of 1.5 per week. I'm gonna see if the agressive goal will help me focus on it more..... my tiny goals lately have made me complacent, I think! :o

Anyhoo, it sounds like the rest of you are doing well. For my part, I've got to get back to chugging the water, watching portions and getting *some* activity in -- ha!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Hi, all,

I just found this thread because we have decided to take a cruise in June, and I would love to lose weight by then.

I made lifetime on WW about 7 years ago, but slipped into my old habits and slowly gained it all back. This time I really need to internalize the changes I am making and not think about them as temporary while I am losing.

I do love WW and think it is the best "real life" weight loss program around. I found it easy to do and lost weight quickly the first time (probably too quickly!). We'll see how things go now that I am 52 and perimenopausal!

Anyway, I hope to post here often to keep myself accountable. It seems like a great group!

I will have my first weekly W/I on Tuesday - wish me luck!

SW 200

CW 200

GW 160

Sue

OMG!! the cruise is almost here. i have started to do more exercise and happy to be somewhat on track.

And Congrats to everyone for still staying on the program. it doesnt matter if you lose today and not tomorrow. It matters that havent given up and you are still ON the program ;)

-Dalia

-------------------------------

(updated 1/7/10)

Goal: lose 20 lbs in 20 weeks

Wks to go: 7 weeks

Lbs to go: 7.6

My cruise is upcoming less than 2 months away, I can not wait to leave for warm weather. Have to buy a couple of new outfits for this cruise, I lost weight since my last cruise in March and finally made my goal in July. I thought my dresses would still fit but they don't, so shopping will keep me busy before the cruise. I think that is the fun part about losing weight.

Week 6's numbers...down 1.8 lbs. Struggled with points last week and ate almost every single point I could get my hands on. Then today I had 7 left. Go fig! 2.2 lbs to go for my mini goal for my cruise that leaves in less than 4 weeks!

SW 209

CW 197.2

GW 175

Congrats to everyone who is having success, and good luck to all - one day at a time!

My first week OP was a success, down 3.6! I know this is mostly water weight, but it's always a motivator to have a good first week anyway. I love the feeling of being in control and really think I can stick with this for however long it takes.

Have a great week, everyone!

Sue

SW 200

CW 196.4

GW 160

Hello all. just booked a cruise and DH and I have goal to lose 10 lbs. before we leave. I am a long term, on and off weight watcher. Right now doing WW online and getting a lot of support from a great group there, but saw this and thought I would love to join you all!!! Nothing like planning a cruise to get the juices flowing!!!!!!

Gotta scoot....BBL!

Been hovering!!!!! :( After having visitors for 3 weeks i went to my w/w meeting last week and had gained.:eek: First week back on plan and weigh in today and down 5lb :D:D:D

My cruise is only 10 weeks away and i would like to be under 200lbs

SW 254

CW 216

Hello all fellow WW's! I have been on WW for a year now with much success. I didn't sign up to lose for a cruise but now I find myself looking forward to a cruise in a little less than 4 weeks for my 4th wedding anniversary and I can't wait! Good luck to everyone on WW, it really works if you work the program! I am a Lifetime member now and swear by the program, it changed my life! Take care!

SW 215.2

CW 138.2

GW 145

Archived