~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Down to 182 this morning...chip, chip chiping away to be at 180 by 10-10-10.

Well, I am not going to make my dream goal of 170-175, but I know its because I lost focus for several weeks. I think that I will make my original goal that I set on Memorial Day of 180 and 30 pounds lost.

Then, 30 more pounds when I return...plus whatever I gain on the cruise. I am going to try not to gain, but ......

Congrats to everyone who's been losing! Way to go! Keep it up :)

Sadly I'm not there :( I had a very 'up and down' month. I'm frustrated because right now I'm at the same 24 lbs loss that I was on Aug. 31st. I did hit my 25 lbs mark this month, but went back up a pound. The previous week that I gained I knew why, but this last week I was really good and stepped up my exercise. This week I'm going to change up my recipes to see if that helps. I'm always good about getting in my activity points and good health guidelines. I think I've hit the dreaded plateau :mad: Arg! So frustrating!!! I only have 6 lbs to go. I changed my goal weight from 127.4 to an even 125, but I think I'm going to bump that back up a bit. I feel really good, but need to focus on toning I think. I don't have the flat stomach that I'd love to have. If I'm up even .2 next week I'm going to have to sit down with my leader and figure something out. *sigh* I was hoping I could avoid the plateau. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Is anyone else out there getting nervous that the holidays are creeping up? Thanksgiving, Halloween then CHRISTMAS (yes in that order, I'm Canadian. I hope my American husband doesn't want a 2nd Thanksgiving dinner on the US holiday!). I have really good will power so I'm not too worried about Halloween. It's Christmas time that is scary. SO many parties, so many dinners out, SO MUCH CHOCOLATE. Dear lord help me :o

SW: 157.4

GW: 127

CW: 133.4

Von Chap: I weighed in this morning and like you lost .2.........I certainly would have liked more but it was better than a gain.

Socialcruiser: Don't get discouraged. I guess you'll have to make some kind of a plan for the holidays. Two Thanksgiving feasts wouldn't be good - one is bad enough. Good luck.

Frances

flat stomach that I'd love to have. If I'm up even .2 next week I'm going to have to sit down with my leader and figure something out. *sigh* I was hoping I could avoid the plateau. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Is it time to lower your daily points? I think that some people need to lower their daily points sooner than the range that WW uses. Especially if you are close to your goal weight. Try taking a point off this week and see what happens.

Still chipping away! One meal at a time... Nine days to go before the cruise. Minus .7 since yesterday. Yes, I know its not good to weigh every day but that's my motivator for the next 9 days.

I so hope that I can lose 1.5 pounds before 10-10-10.

-Kim

Hi, all -- so sorry to be gone so long. I was just in my little funk of yoyoing, over-eating in general, and not doing the right things... and then being down about it. Seems so silly, but I was there. Thank heaven I didn't gain all my weight back (I stayed within a few pounds of my lowest weight, so not too shabby of a setback).

But I just go so sick of chiming in with my same posts to this thread: "I'm not following plan, and I'm not losing, blah, blah, blah" so I stopped coming by. :o I still need to go back and read all the posts I've missed, but I did want to at least get a post on here, as catching up my reading will take a while.

Thankfully, I tracked faithfully when I was "off the wagon," and I attribute that for my not gaining all my weight back. But, it is pretty discouraging to blow all your weekly points out of the water on your first day of tracking, and then keep going over. Most weeks, I was 35-100 points over my flex points for the week --yeesh! Don't do that!! :rolleyes:

BUT, finally, I have gotten the spark back! I got back on plan, for REALS, starting at the beginning of September. ;) The result? I've lost 6 pounds in the last 4 weigh-ins! Yippee!! I'm down to my lowest weight ever! And I finally hit 45 lbs gone, and got that stupid little 5 lb star I've been chasing since, OH, right, MARCH. And those 100s are in my sights! WOO HOO!!!

It can be done -- if you get yourself in a funk, you can get yourself out of it! Taking a few little steps moves you in the right direction, and after that, you can keep taking a few more steps, and you'll be on your way.

I'm going to ROME (:eek:) for my 39th birthday in January -- I care more about my 39th than my 40th, as my birthday will be 1-11-11. Not a cruise, but a regular land vacation. Yes!

NOW, I have a new, scary goal... I've set a minimum goal to get down another 11.2 pounds by then (doable, but the holidays are coming up, in addition to a weekend to Vegas next week, and football tailgating each week is a danger as well), and I'd love to be down 16.2, so I'm shooting for that.

Send me all your thin, happy thoughts to help me get down there, as I'm sending all of you wishes for good weigh-ins from here on out!

SW: 246.2

CW: 201.2

GW: 154

Mini-goals: 185 by 1/6/11 (190, at the very least)

event.png

157952.png

DH loves this turkey chili -- the turkey makes it very meaty, it really is just like regular chili to us.

WW Taco Soup

• 1 lb. ground turkey or lean beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 1 (1 oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans
  • 1 (16 oz) can chili beans (either hot or regular)
  • 1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn
  • 1 (8 oz) can Mexican-style tomatoes
  • 1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)

Directions

1. Brown meat & onions and drain.
  2. Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.
  3. Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture. Be sure you do NOT drain any of the canned goods before adding.
  4. Simmer 1 hour.

2 Weight Watchers points per cup.

Hey all, since there's been talk recently (yes, I read up!) of recipes and soups, I thought I'd share this gem again. I have posted it on this thread a few times, but it really is a savior for me. Whenever I'm struggling staying on track, I make a double-batch of this soup, and it feeds DH & me for a week or so!

Since it's only 2 points per cup, sometimes I'll do 1.5 C; I always add fresh chopped onion, I usually add 1 oz (3 pts) of shredded full-fat cheddar or colby-jack cheese (I wait to add the cheese until I only have about a 1/2 C of the soup left in the bowl, and those last bites are super cheesy and delicious), and lately I've gone to my childhood habit of crushing in some saltines (5 = 1 pt) which really thickens the soup up and makes it even MORE satisfying.

If I do all of those things, I have a 7 pt meal that keeps me full for HOURS. DH and I watched college football all last Saturday, and that was my dinner -- felt like I was indulging in the classic football-kind of foods, but totally stayed within points! Awesome!! :p

Enjoy!

ww lowered my points from 29 to 27. due to im 17 pounds away from my cruise goal weight goal of 170. by 11/27/2010. this morning weighted at 185.8 so far this week. and holding. that would be another 2 pounds lost this week.

2 pounds is great! Yea!:D

Today is WI day for me. I lost 1.2 pounds and am now sitting right at 181. One pound away from my cruise goal and 8 days to go before sail-away. (6 pounds away from my dream goal--but "oh well")

For the last month, I have just been chipping away at small amounts of weight. Totally my fault. After the cruise, I will be back with 30 more pounds to lose.

SW: 210

CW: 181

GW: 180 or Less by 10-10-10

Next Goal: 150

I'm heading out of town for a long weekend so Weighed In early. (Late really because I skipped last week.) Down .8 since last WI

My Goal keeps adjusting because I know that it is not realistic to aim for more than - 1.5 lb/wk. Others can, especially if they put it on quickly, burn it off through exercise, or are just starting out.

SW 158.2

CW 152

GW 143 (12 Nov 10)

Today is WI day for me. I lost 1.2 pounds and am now sitting right at 181. One pound away from my cruise goal and 8 days to go before sail-away. (6 pounds away from my dream goal--but "oh well")

For the last month, I have just been chipping away at small amounts of weight. Totally my fault. After the cruise, I will be back with 30 more pounds to lose.

SW: 210

CW: 181

GW: 180 or Less by 10-10-10

Next Goal: 150

You must be getting so excited!

Hey all, since there's been talk recently (yes, I read up!) of recipes and soups, I thought I'd share this gem again. I have posted it on this thread a few times, but it really is a savior for me. Whenever I'm struggling staying on track, I make a double-batch of this soup, and it feeds DH & me for a week or so!

Since it's only 2 points per cup, sometimes I'll do 1.5 C; I always add fresh chopped onion, I usually add 1 oz (3 pts) of shredded full-fat cheddar or colby-jack cheese (I wait to add the cheese until I only have about a 1/2 C of the soup left in the bowl, and those last bites are super cheesy and delicious), and lately I've gone to my childhood habit of crushing in some saltines (5 = 1 pt) which really thickens the soup up and makes it even MORE satisfying.

If I do all of those things, I have a 7 pt meal that keeps me full for HOURS. DH and I watched college football all last Saturday, and that was my dinner -- felt like I was indulging in the classic football-kind of foods, but totally stayed within points! Awesome!! :p

Enjoy!

Thank you for this.

Hi everyone! I was very glad to see this forum on these boards. I am a 41 year old divorced Mom with a 10 year old son. I just started WW 3 weeks ago so I am a newbie ath this whole thing. My next cruise is in March and I am hoping to loose some weight before then. I used to be thin until I had my 3 daughters. All 3 passed away and I had some depression issues which caused an emotional eating issue which made me gain all of my weight. :( All is good now and I am on a mission! ;) We'll see what happens!

SW: 205

CW: 201.8

GW: 125

Hi all,

I'm Kay from SI, NY....lost 40 lbs on WW 5 years ago....it all came back slowly and 10 lbs more! Now...I have a cruise coming up Nov 14th...so I decided on Sept 1st...I really

need to go back on WW...having back issues as well and need to loose some of this

weight. I find it VERY hard to count points EVERY day and stay on program. BUT....I did

lose 10 lbs in one month and that is encouraging!

SW-185

CW-175

GW-145

Would like to loose 10 more to 165 for the cruise Nov 14th....can I do it?

Can you share your most successful recipes that fill you up and are easy to prepare???

Thanks and good luck to all.

Kay

Welcome to all the new board members! You have found a great place for motivation. I have lost 29 pounds since Memorial Day, 2010. Going on a cruise on 10-10-10 and will be back to lose about 30 more pounds.

I am working on losing the last 1 pound before this cruise!

-Kim

Hi Everyone!!!!!!

Have been thinking about you all!

I have been at the same weight for 2 weeks now!!!

I have not been totally faithful! ONLY a little extra points here and there, and then nothing happens! WOW the older you get it sure is harder to come off!!!!! I swear since I hit 40 last year my mmetabolism has slowed down! :( This is my own fault! Well tomorrow is a brand new day!!!! :)

I have to be really get serious now! As I sit here on the computer and my daughter making cookies! :eek: I WILL NOT EAT ANY!!!! only temporary enjoyment!!! Hard when you have teenagers in the house!

The weather has been crappy here, makes me depressed!!! By the weekend suppose to get better! I need some sunshine!

I will get back on track!!!! I have too!

Welcome to all the new board members! You have found a great place for motivation. I have lost 29 pounds since Memorial Day, 2010. Going on a cruise on 10-10-10 and will be back to lose about 30 more pounds.

I am working on losing the last 1 pound before this cruise!

-Kim

THAT is GREAT Kim!!!!

Congrats 29lbs!!! :D

Archived