Camp carnival operation hours infor or capers please.

incruzcontrol2

Hello.. I have a few questions please about Camp Carnival:

1. Does anyone have the capers for Camp Carnival for a 5yo group? We will be cruising on the Liberty.

2. Do you know the hours for Camp Carnival? Is the Camp open every day? Even the last day at sea? My husband and I are planning to do an adult only dinner at the supper club on the last night at sea and was hoping our son can participate at camp carnival during this time.

Thanks so much!

The hours do vary... but for most days... the hours are 9am - noon.... 2-5 and then from 7-10PM.

After 10PM, it is $6 per hour, pro-rated by every 15 minutes.

And yes, they are open that last night... and usually there is a little going away party for the kids that night.

There are some capers on Webshots.... if you go to www.webshots.com and search camp carnival capers, you will find some there!

Catrin

we went last yr an our 5 yr old LOVED every moment of it. we actually had to bribe her to go to dinner with us. but anyways we were on the 6 day cruise an from our camp carnival caper we have it is saying that orientation was on the first evening for 45 mins then open for ?'s an viewing of room for 30 mins an then they provided babysitting from 10p-3am. it cost us 6 bux n hr. and yes they do open up on the last day for about n hr. they do close for lunch and dinner. but they also included you can have dinner with your friends which is nice as well. b/c then u an the other half can go an enjoy a relaxing dinner to yourselves. I am sure you can try an google camp carnival capers an see what else you can find. i'd scan this caper for ya but well scanner isn't hooked up. any other ? feel free to ask. be more than happy to try an help ya out.

I have a question or two about Camp Carnival.

When is the best time for dinner? main seating or late seating? we will have a 4.5 yr old with us, and would like to have him for dinner 1 or two nights and have him in camp carnival the other 3 nights. But it looks like Camp Carnival is closed during the main seating, so should we stick with late seating?

Also is Camp Carnival open all day on port days so we can go into port?

Thanks,

David.

It's better to do early seating with a child, IMHO, because late seating isn't until after 8:00 PM and they get hungry! My 5 yr old went to dinner once with us, then wanted to have dinner with his group every other night! We let him and he had a blast! We had signed up for early dinner, so I would take him up to the buffet restaurant, then meet my hubs and our 2 teenagers at the main dining room.

During port days, they are open all day, and will feed him lunch also, if you aren't there. They will close for an hour in the early evening to get ready for dinner.

I have a question or two about Camp Carnival.

When is the best time for dinner? main seating or late seating? we will have a 4.5 yr old with us, and would like to have him for dinner 1 or two nights and have him in camp carnival the other 3 nights. But it looks like Camp Carnival is closed during the main seating, so should we stick with late seating?

Also is Camp Carnival open all day on port days so we can go into port?

Thanks,

David.

CC dinnner is at 6 during the main seating. If you are planning on having him eat in CC most nights, then you are probably OK w/ the late dinner b/c he will already have been in Camp for 2 hours and eaten with them. BUT...if you want to see the shows, and not have to pay for babysitting, you should do the early. CC charges after 10 pm and the second show is not until 10:30 or later.

Personally, we do the early dinner for just this reason. Also, we like to have the kids with us for dinner.

Hello.. I have a few questions please about Camp Carnival:

1. Does anyone have the capers for Camp Carnival for a 5yo group? We will be cruising on the Liberty. Didn't bring them home but a typical day includes art projects, face painting, story time, exersise games etc. They change activies every 45 minutes or so, so the kids are never bored. It really is a teriffic program.

2. Do you know the hours for Camp Carnival? Is the Camp open every day? Even the last day at sea? My husband and I are planning to do an adult only dinner at the supper club on the last night at sea and was hoping our son can participate at camp carnival during this time. Typically CC is open as others have said - earlier on port depending on docking time. And yes, they will be open the last day at sea; CC dinner is always @ 6 on the Lido deck, and by 7 they have them back in the room.

Thanks so much!

Hope that helps.

You can bring your child to the Lido deck for dinner with the Camp Councelors right before you go to your dinner.... early seating works the best with kids.

From there, they can just bring the child to Camp Carnival for the PM activities and you can pick up your child before 10.

We ususally have our kids dine with us, but at least once during the cruise, we like a dinner alone! They used to only offer this option on Formal nights, but now they offer it all nights except for the first night.

Catrin

I would suggest main seating, as they are closed for "dinner" time. They are open everyday throughout the cruise, and make sure you attend the first night orientation meeting.

I have uploaded a copy of the Capers for all the clubs from our last cruise in January on the Destiny. The programs may be different for each trip, but this will give you an idea of what they have to offer.

You can find them here: http://savefile.com/projects/808730772

I believe that the Capers will show you the times as well.

The kids all seem to have a blast in the clubs - mine want to go back, not just to go on another cruise, but to go to the clubs.

Enjoy!

We just came back from our first cruise on the Pride with our 5 year old and 3 year old daughter. Our 5 y/o loved it, 3 y/o was hot and cold (didn't want to go on the last day).

All in all we were very pleased with the activities and the counselors. Would definitely recommned the main seating, but there were a few times we had dinner alone because the girls wanted to have dinner at camp (starts at 6pm, same as main seating).

While the camp does close for a couple of hours on sea days for lunch, you can still do babysitting then if you want to pay. As mentioned, they also have babysitting from 10pm to 3am. We didn't use the babysitting services at all, so can't say much about it, but it seems they are just kept at the camp. The only difference is you pay the fee.

They have a great check in and out procedure, so the little ones are very safe. Much like a day care center.

Archived