Traveling with wheelchair- Does RSSC supply

stuNYC

Celebrity is the only cruiseline that provides my DW (who can't walk long distances )with a wheelchair for her exclusive use throughout the cruise (both on and off ship).

Since Navigator appears to even smaller than Celebrity Horizon and Zenith and we have a cabin mid-ship.(Room 831) I presume from the deckplan that the distances that she will have to walk are not long. Anybody have any firtst hand experience.

Regardless, she will need one at the Airports and on and off the ship, I really hate the thought of flying with one. This is four irst curise from other than our home port.

Stu

Stu, the latest brochure that I have states that "RSSC wheelchairs on board are for emergency purposes only" and further states in another area "Guests confined to wheelchairs must notify RSSC at the time of booking, and should recognize that conditions in some ports of call may preclude them from going ashore". I was once planning a cruise with a person who would need a wheelchair, and remember that I was going to have to bring one with us.

My mother needed a wheelchair on occasion on the Bermuda cruise on Navigator, and they had no problem producing one in those situations, but it sounds like that's something that one cannot rely completely on. The distances seemed short, but to someone who needs assistance, I guess they can be pretty daunting.

You won't have a problem at the airport, just ask for wheel chair assistance at checkin, they will assist you with pushing your wife to gates , to baggage claim, through customs etc.

The ship though and this is true for most all of them, will surely require that you need to bring your own if you will need one to use in port.

Archived