* TEXAS Cruisers *

fun and breezes 2

greyhound Bus is the only one I know Of. It is a 8-10 hr trip and with advance notice (7days) it is $65 pp. But others may know of better ones. Personally I would check on rental cars for one way. then same for return.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone want to share what they did in Nassua.....looking for some ideas. DH is going to be golfing and I don't want to stay on the ship.

When are you going to Nassau?

I'm from a small town south of Dallas - Maypearl. Have taken 3 trips out of Galveston and loved each; one out of NO, and going in Sept with out of Cape Canaveral. Will be in Nassau then, over night.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks. I'm from Port Arthur, in the southeast corner of the state.

Certified cruise fanatic. If I'm not cruising, I'm planning one. The past 5 years have been difficult, with major hurricanes, evacuations, retirement, and 2 life-threatening illnesses.

But I am now ready to hit the high seas. In November I'm taking 3 of my best friends on a 14-day Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Constellation. I booked the Penthouse Suite for us; 2500 sq ft to relax in while the Capt takes us shopping.

We're driving down to Fort Lauderdale, spending a couple of days there, and then taking the cruise. Two of my buddies have never cruised before; none of them have ever been to Florida.

Me? I can hardly wait.... In fact, I could be packed by sundown. Today....

While in the Caribbean, I planned a segway tour and a zipline excursion. We may come back with bruises, but we will never forget this trip....

Now I have to pray that we don't have a devastating hurricane....

Cheryl:p

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess I will bump this threadv. See only 2 post in 6 months but....

Texan here. Live in San Antonio and in the military and love this great state. Hope to find as many people from Texas on my cruise on 20 Feb as I can. RCCL voyager ots.

Hi guys,

This thread had so many great posts on it, hope we can revive it a bit.

I also love cruising and we're doing Oasis this June with three generations of family. The grandparents are treating and we're all stoked about seeing that huge ship!

We can hardly complain about the weather, especially compared to our northern friends, but gosh it has seemed cold this year...

Liz

ps.

What ships are sailing out of Galveston this year?

Hi guys,

This thread had so many great posts on it, hope we can revive it a bit.

I also love cruising and we're doing Oasis this June with three generations of family. The grandparents are treating and we're all stoked about seeing that huge ship!

We can hardly complain about the weather, especially compared to our northern friends, but gosh it has seemed cold this year...

Liz

ps.

What ships are sailing out of Galveston this year?

The only ones I know of are Carnival and this fall the Triumph is taking the place of the Ecstasy...in Dec we will be getting Carnival's newest ship Magic.

• 1 year later...
I live in Dumas, Texas but am from Houston. Will be going on my first cruise out of Galveston on 9/24/12. I already know we are going to love it. Will be our honeymoon cruise and we are already planning our anniversary cruise. :)

Congratulations!! I can't think of a better way to start out a marriage than by going on a cruise!! Awesome!!

I live in Dumas, Texas but am from Houston. Will be going on my first cruise out of Galveston on 9/24/12. I already know we are going to love it. Will be our honeymoon cruise and we are already planning our anniversary cruise. :)

I predict you will be hooked on cruising just as my DW and I are. We discovered cruising back in 2004 and now just can't cruise enough. WE LOVE IT. :D

Since this thread is under "Cruise Rituals" I would have to say that aside from DW packing months in advance, we enjoy reading Cruise Critic. On the cruise, we try to catch all the shows in the main theater. Also, we make sure to sample the Drink-of-the-Day............. EVERY day :eek:

Kevin

Archived