Journey Feb 24 2009

Grandma Gilly

Just to say hello to everyone we met on the ship. You were all fab and it was great to meet you all. We had an extra couple of days after the cruise. We've been back 4 days and it semms like we've never been away!! I am sure you all feel the same way. Mitch and I so enjoyed the whole cruise - the ship was excellent and excedded our expectations and everyone on board, both passengers and staff, were very friendly. We will be hard pushed to go on a large ship again. This really suited us. Thank you all once again for contributing to our enjoyment

Gill

Hi There,

We too just returned home today and would also like to thank all those who made this cruise another special one,

The staff were always helpful and visible. We had a great time, the Viking

towel heads were very funny.

We absolutely agree with all that has been said. Our third Azamara cruise and probably the best. We send our best wishes to everyone we met - guests and crew(who were outstanding). We literally just sat back (or lay back) and relaxed. I'm still waiting for Edwin (our cabin steward) to make our bed but he seems to have disappeared! Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

If only Azamara covered the East/West coast of the US, we wouldn't even consider a bigger ship but we hope to consider those itineraries next year. However, we'll certainly be back on Azamara some time in the future.

Rita:)

We absolutely agree with all that has been said. Our third Azamara cruise and probably the best. We send our best wishes to everyone we met - guests and crew(who were outstanding). We literally just sat back (or lay back) and relaxed. I'm still waiting for Edwin (our cabin steward) to make our bed but he seems to have disappeared! Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

If only Azamara covered the East/West coast of the US, we wouldn't even consider a bigger ship but we hope to consider those itineraries next year. However, we'll certainly be back on Azamara some time in the future.

Rita:)

Hi Rita !

I agree with you. On my wish list ? I'd like to see Azamara try a few shorter Caribbean sailings, something in the 7-10 night range. The 12 night itinerary was just too long for me to consider this season.

I haven't been able to confirm this (I'm trying to find out), but Azamara may be doing 1 or 2 West Coast sailings in 2011. If I find out more, I will post it here. Stay Tuned !

Hi Andy

Actually, we would prefer at least 14 days on board. Our first two cruises on the Quest were 14 days but the Feb 24 on Journey was just 12 days. Travelling from the UK, it's not worth 7/10days cruising unless, of course, you wish to add on a few days extra stay in the US.

We plan to visit the Cruise Show (sponsored by the Daily Telegraph newspaper) at the Excel Exhibition Centre in London this coming Sunday which, I believe, is a first for London. For information to any UK cruisers who might be interested, you can visit the website for the 'Cruise Show' and download complimentary tickets for two people. RCL/Celebrity/Azamara are among the sponsors exhibiting so we'll try and get as much info as possible, particularly possible sailings for 2011. Anything useful, I'll certainly post.

Rita

Hi Grandma Gilly,

We enjoyed the same cruise and were glad to meet you - at Savannah Bay Beach and at one of the last evenings in the diningroom. Maybe you would like to read my review? You can find it with one of the following addresses

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=944003

http://www.cruisecritic.com:80/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=52721

Have a good time back in the UK.

Greetings from sunny Florida

Dori and Peter

Hi Andy and all

As mentioned in a previous thread, we have just returned from the London Cruise Show having spent about two hours visiting the various exhibitors and collecting a number of brochures and much other information. We were delighted to meet Carolyn Spencer Brown of Cruise Critic UK on the CC Stand. She was also one of the Expert speakers in the Sky Travel theatre.

It was a very interesting visit and we gained much useful information.

However, we were very disappointed in the representation of the major lines like P&O, Princess and Cunard. They had a combined stand with very basic information - particularly very sparse regarding the two new ships about to be launched, i.e. Azura (P&O) Queen Elizabeth (Cunard). The best exhibitor by far was Royal Caribbean, together with Celebrity and Azamara.

No stands for Costa, MSC, Carnival, etc. Maybe they're testing the water, it being the first Cruise Show in London to see how successful it is.

The Show ran for two days, yesterday and today (Sunday). We were told it was extremely busy yesterday and by the time we left at 2pm it was very busy. Some exhibitors had run out of main brochures.

Rita

Archived