Ever used a mask with ear muffs?

quester1

I came across the ProEar 2000, pictured below, some time ago and I am thinking of ordering one to help me with my equalization problems.

My doctor tells me that I have an allergy to cold water. Cold water in my ears during swimming, snorkeling or diving causes the tissue to swell up. This gives me problems equalizing pressure for the rest of the holiday. I use Sudafed to reduce the swelling so that I can dive.

The ProEar 2000 has earmuffs that are designed to keep water out of the ears. The earmuff is connected to the mask by a tube that allows one to equalize the pressure in the ear muff be equalizing pressure in the mask.

Not only is this suppose to keep water out of ones ears but it is suppose to make equalizing pressure in the ears easier.

Has anyone had any experience in using this mask or know anyone who has used this mask for recreational diving or snorkeling?

Check out the website at:

www.proear2000.com

Panorama.jpg.75c7ee98db8a75e6f2e992aceb3f8b00.jpg

These may be acceptable for snorkling but I could not recommend any non-vented covering on your ears for diving. You could end up with more trouble equalizing then you do now and damage your ears.

Actually they are vented and were specifically designed for scuba diving. Please see the website.

Archived