Sensation review

OK,,Just got back from 3/8/09 4 night cruise. First,,the ship was fine,,we had an inside room since we are not in it very long. The room is the same as before but a new LCD flat screen TV and the bathroom has a new sink. Next the common areas on the ship are new and look very good. The gym area in very nice and the steam room way intense to say the least! If I was able to stay in for more than 10 minutes I would be lying! Its small but very HOT. The dry sauna was regular size and had color changing lights. There was NO hot tub or small pool:(. Next the common areas and gym bathrooms had the fancy new bowl sinks. There were hand sanitizer areas every where! Now the most important,, FOOD,,It was very good and plenty of it. The putt putt area was a nice feature and used by a lot of folks. The pool and hot tub on Lido were nice and the new palm trees were great to be under. They are fake but look really good.The rear pool has a huge slide that goes over the side of the ship. It is enclosed but was a lot longer than older ones. The loungers are better too,, and on the rear deck they had pads on them. The chairs are 100% better and the tables are marble top.

Over all we enjoyed the ship,,,the only draw back was "spring break" crowd was every where and drinking/yelling till 4-5 am,,the they put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door,,,,After security did nuthing and we got p-- off we did remove the signs and knocked on the door as we went by.Several folks said the same ref the all nighters. We had 10-15 "kids" yelling and sounded like tearing up the room! Security arrived 30 mins latter after the kids went to another room(s).We will not do another March cruise.

Over all we were very pleased with the ship and staff.

Did they provide hair dryers in the rooms when they did the remodel? I remember when I went on the Inspiration before thier remodel that we had to ask our room steward to try and find one for us.

Well my hair is military short,,my wife did bring a curler,,I dont recall seeing a dryer but I did not look for one.

Thanks for the info....I guess I will tell my wife to either pack on or take a chance!!!

Archived