Summit Western Mediterranean Info

teacher_md

Has anyone cruised on the Summit during a Western Mediterranean cruise? I am considering this itinerary this summer and I'm trying to decide between this one and a HAL ship.

I sailed on the Celebrity Century and loved it. Never been on HAL.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

-aj

We did the Summit from Barcelona to Venice and loved it. Very spacious, never felt crowded, food was very good, service wonderful, and we loved the thalassotherapy pool for relaxing in the evening after long days of traipsing through the ports of call. My only criticism was the odd color scheme in the cabin--orange and blue--but really didn't notice it after the first day. I would book this trip again in a heartbeat!

Cathy

Thanks, Cathy. How was the nightlife on the cruise? I am not a super-party-stay-out-all-night-long kind of person, but I like to have a fun atmosphere.

I'm thinking that since it's a very port-intensive cruise, people may be less festive than a Caribbean cruise. But that's just a thought.

As far as HAL, I read that it's really quiet at night with little activity.

thanks again, AJ

That's great to hear that you loved this cruise. My husband and I are booked on the June 3/09 out of Barcelona and really looking forward to it. I'm just really confused about which excursions to book, there seem to be so many to choose from! Any suggestions?

That's great to hear that you loved this cruise. My husband and I are booked on the June 3/09 out of Barcelona and really looking forward to it. I'm just really confused about which excursions to book, there seem to be so many to choose from! Any suggestions?

The ones offered by Celebrity were very nice!!!

And i agree many to choose from.

I'm particularly interested in the excursions to Rome, we want to cover the main attractions, is that possible on your own, or do you need to book a tour? Also, should we be booking ahead, or waiting until we're on the ship...do they sell out ahead of time or just book more coaches and guides as needed?

Archived