MoBay tubing on CCL

TexasGLS

I have searched the threads and it seems that 90% of the postings involve tubing in Ochos Rios. Has anyone done the tubing in Montego Bay that would suggest this excursion? We are on CCL in April. Just want to know if people thought this was worth their while. I will be going with my wife and parents (and my father is scared to death of Jamaica).

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
We sail tomorrow!!!! We have this booked but it is forecasted to possibly rain, if they don't cancel I will let you know when we get back.

TexasGLS--

I'm curious, were you able to go tubing?? If so could you let me know how it went??

Thanks.

Yeah we were able to go, the tubing is definately not an action packed adventure. If you are wanting to lay back and relax and look at the jungle it is not a bad thing though. There were a few occasions when the rapids picked up and there was a little speed, but for the most part you were just chilling there.

If you do it the things I wish I had known were that you are provided the life jacket but you are free to take it off and when they give you the opportunity to jump in the water I wish I had.

The ride on the truck back to the departure point was fun, the food that they had was good. The people were nice and due to the remote private location it felt very safe. There were lockers for rent. The bus drive to the location was a little unsettling, but both times I have been in Jamaica that was my experience, the roads/drivers are a little nerve recking but it works for them.

I don't know if I would do it again, but I don't regret doing it once. The nice thing was that it was at the same location that the ship does the zip line stuff, so we got to see the same stuff that the people who zip line rave about but from below and at a slower pace.

I tried to upload pictures but they were from a walmart CD and cc doesn't allow that type of file, sorry.

Yeah we were able to go, the tubing is definately not an action packed adventure. If you are wanting to lay back and relax and look at the jungle it is not a bad thing though. There were a few occasions when the rapids picked up and there was a little speed, but for the most part you were just chilling there.

If you do it the things I wish I had known were that you are provided the life jacket but you are free to take it off and when they give you the opportunity to jump in the water I wish I had.

The ride on the truck back to the departure point was fun, the food that they had was good. The people were nice and due to the remote private location it felt very safe. There were lockers for rent. The bus drive to the location was a little unsettling, but both times I have been in Jamaica that was my experience, the roads/drivers are a little nerve recking but it works for them.

I don't know if I would do it again, but I don't regret doing it once. The nice thing was that it was at the same location that the ship does the zip line stuff, so we got to see the same stuff that the people who zip line rave about but from below and at a slower pace.

I tried to upload pictures but they were from a walmart CD and cc doesn't allow that type of file, sorry.

Thanks for the information!! Last night I was on the carnival excursions but it doesn't show a price. Do you recall how much you paid to do this excursion with Carnival?

Also, do you think you can email me some of your pictures at lhernandez27 (at)yahoo(dot)com?

Archived