Please explane the soda card to me!

ssatterly

I have only cruised on Celebrity, but I think the costs are similar. It was $42 for a week. They placed a sticker on my SeaPass card and gave me a Coke tumbler that held about 10 or so ounces of soda (without ice). I could present that card at any bar and in the dining room and get either my tumbler filled or a glass filled. I also had my own 32 oz plastic mug that I had refilled a couple of times.

I found it worth it as I am a big soda drinker. We also had 24 cans of soda in our fridge we brought on board and drank those as well when it was not convenient to get to an open bar. You cannot use the card for cans of soda in the mini-bar (we had ours emptied on the first day) or for room service.

That being said, I have no idea where on Rhapsody where to go get a soda sticker.

What is the cost on a 7 night cruise, where can you use the card where can't you use the card. How does it work and is it worth it?

Depends upon how much soda you drink. They charge $1.50 (plus 15% tip)for a small glass of soda or a can. If you drink a lot of soda it's worth it.

The good ol' days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.

Given that they wouldn't likely include the beverages I'd like (cafe lattes, mostly, and to a lesser extent, caffeine free diet soda), I benefit from them charging for soft drinks as opposed to including the cost of soft drinks in my cruise fare. This way, everyone pays only for what they use. A good mix included and a la carte is preferable IMHO to forcing everyone to pay for everything regardless of whether they need or want it.

Of course, I'd sure wish that they included the cost of dry cleaning in the cost of the cruise fare. No one gets all of what they wish, though.

Archived