Anyone familiar with Hotel Regencia Colon??

I have friends who stayed there and really liked it. They said the hotel was ideally located and decent clean rooms. We are staying at the Colon in May. We have opted for the Colon because we found a special rate for the days we will be there and the price difference was only about $25 a night. My husband likes to have a 24 hour English speaking front desk when we are in a country without knowing the language. Other than that requirement, we would have picked the Regencia.

Diane

Matsonia 1963 (a mere child)

Nordic Prince 1981

Song of America 1983

Nieuw Amsterdam 1985

Atlantic 1987

Noordam 1991

Zenith 1994

Vision of the Seas 1997

Splendour of the Seas 2000

Brilliance of the Seas 2004

Thanks Diane. The hotel got thumbs up from trip advisor.com and Frommers lists it. Tell me more re: no english speaking staff on duty. That concerns me too. Did it create a problem for your friends? We'll only be ther one night. Marge

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muzzy 10:

Thanks Diane. The hotel got thumbs up from trip advisor.com and Frommers lists it. Tell me more re: no english speaking staff on duty. That concerns me too. Did it create a problem for your friends? We'll only be ther one night. Marge<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not Diane,but you will not have a problem.The hotels in the area cater to a lot of Americans especially during cruise season,and most of the hotle staff will speak english.Maybe not a 3 AM,but you could make do.It's a great arera to stay in and Barcelona is a wonderful city to explore.Have a wonderful trip.

Karen

Ü

We stayed there a couple of years ago. I had been at the Colon earlier in the year on a different cruise and noted the Regencia so booked that next time around. We were quite happy and I'd book the Regencia again. The people at the front desk certainly spoke English when we were there.

Denise

Absolutely, they spoke English during the day according to my friends. I understand there is no 24 hour front desk - or at least when they were there. We have a 6:45 a.m. flight home after our cruise and were concerned that we might need help getting a cab at 4:45 in the morning. So we opted for a place with a 24 hour front desk.

Diane

Matsonia 1963 (a mere child)

Nordic Prince 1981

Song of America 1983

Nieuw Amsterdam 1985

Atlantic 1987

Noordam 1991

Zenith 1994

Vision of the Seas 1997

Splendour of the Seas 2000

Brilliance of the Seas 2004

Archived