Can u walk from lucaya to taino resort?

LynneL

Interested in visiting Taino Beach Resort (there will be 9 in our group), but also thought first we could check out Our Lucaya too. Can we take the $5. pp shuttle from the pier to Our Lucaya & then walk to Taino Beach Resort? About how far would that be?

If that isn't possible - I would think we could do the shuttle then grab a van or cabs to TBR. Anyone know how much we could expect to pay to do that? (not looking to spend a whole lot just on transportation when figuring 9 x $.... pp then 9 x cost to get back to the ship...unless we leave some behind - lol).

Any thoughts on this? Is it worth trying to go to both places or should we just get a van to Taino Beach Resort (cost???). Thanks.

Public bus stop is just up from where the $5 pp shuttle will drop you off. Ask anyone where the bus stop is - it's right next to the police station. A bus driver will be happy to bring the 9 of you to Taino for probably $2 pp, one way. Arrange a time for pick up and he or she will return. Also, ask if that same driver can bring you back to the ship. Taino Beach isn't far from Port Lucaya but it's a hot and dusty walk. BTW, you're on Bahamian time - leave a large margin of time for error!

Have fun!

Thanks for the bus idea. Could we get a bus from the pier to the Taino Beach Resort if we decide to go directly there? 2 bucks each...can't beat it!

With your suggestion to ask the driver to return to the resort to pick us up...I'm confused, doesn't the bus follow a specific route/time schedule?

There is actually a 'ferry' that runs from Lucaya to Taino Beach resort. If you walk down the waterfront in Lucaya towards Unexso and beyond it down in front of Sabor Restaurant there is a covered area to wait for the ferry. I believe it leaves at quarter past every hour from there and at the top of the hour from Taino Beach. It's a fiver for a round trip. Better than taking a cab IMHO

There is actually a 'ferry' that runs from Lucaya to Taino Beach resort. If you walk down the waterfront in Lucaya towards Unexso and beyond it down in front of Sabor Restaurant there is a covered area to wait for the ferry. I believe it leaves at quarter past every hour from there and at the top of the hour from Taino Beach. It's a fiver for a round trip. Better than taking a cab IMHO

Yes, the ferry is most convenient. Short walk from Our Lucaya, drops you off right across the street from Taino Beach Resort. Runs every hour. Only takes a few minutes, and goes directly between the two places.

Thanks for the replies. The ferry sounds great. Price fits our wallet & I like the idea of taking the ferry as opposed to the bus. You guys are a wonderful source of info!

Archived