Convienent Beaches...

boocicle

We have a 3 yr old that will be travelling with us on Carnival Glory. Our ports are Nassau, St. Maarten, and St Thomas. We are looking for the best beaches based on convenience to the dock, public restrooms and food. We are trying to avoid going to resorts or site- seeing tours.

The wife and I will be doing a couple of excursions w/out our daughter but in the afternoon we are planning on coming back to get her and take her to a beach.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you decide to go the resort route, try the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau. It's just past the straw market and had a nice beach area and pool. We got a day pass for about $20 and you could use the loungers, towels, beach toys. You may also want to check out the Ports of Call board for more details on each stop.

In Nassau, there is a public beach next to Atlantis. You just take the water taxi ($3 pp) and when you get dropped off at the dock, just follow the crowd.

I am going to do this in June. I've been to Atlantis. I've been to Blackbeards (Stingrays). We've done the dolphins (4 times...lol). I know where British Colonial Hilton is but with the dredging for the new docks, I don't know if that beach will be available. They keep pushing off the dredging dates. It was suppose to be this past January.

St. Martin, there is suppose to be a small beach named Divi Little Bay that is close to the port. I haven't personally been there. We've gone to Orient.

If you decide to go the resort route, try the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau. It's just past the straw market and had a nice beach area and pool. We got a day pass for about $20 and you could use the loungers, towels, beach toys. You may also want to check out the Ports of Call board for more details on each stop.

Went there with our 2 1/2 yo last year and it was great. Liked it much better than the beaches by Atlantis. Also the food at the snack shack at the hotel was really good.

Archived