Tampa or Orlando post cruise

lonestar_99_98

Hello,

We need some help with deciding on where to stay post cruise sailing from Tampa. We fly out of Tampa but are having a hard time with finding much info on Tampa activities. We have Sunday afternoon until Tuesday night and fly out Wednesday morning. There are two adults and two children ages 9 and 13. Would love to hear any suggestions anyone has on the Tampa Bay area. Have been to Orlando twice so we kinda know our way around up there and what there is to do.

Thanks Rob

Hello,

We need some help with deciding on where to stay post cruise sailing from Tampa. We fly out of Tampa but are having a hard time with finding much info on Tampa activities. We have Sunday afternoon until Tuesday night and fly out Wednesday morning. There are two adults and two children ages 9 and 13. Would love to hear any suggestions anyone has on the Tampa Bay area. Have been to Orlando twice so we kinda know our way around up there and what there is to do.

Thanks Rob

Hello- I live in St. Petersburg, of course we have GREAT beaches and there is lots to do depending on what your family likes to do. What time of the year are heading this way? In Tampa, there is Busch Gardens, my kids have always enjoyed it!

Let me know-

Susan

Hello Susan,

Thank you for you reply. We will be there for the Dec 19th Sailing on the Miracle. And have the 26th thru the 28th to have fun in Tampa. We were thinking of Busch Gardens but were wondering what else there was. We really enjoy going to the beach and snorkeling. The problem is some of the posts I have read on Tampa is you have to be careful on what part of town you go into. Also I cant find much information on Tampa that goes into any great detail.

We did come up with the idea of just driving up the coast and exploring the beaches. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks Rob

Hi Rob- Try this web site. http://www1.flausa.com/interests/beaches/best.php

or http://www.myflorida.com. then find tourism. Fort Desoto is a wonderful beautiful beach, great place to explore. I will check with my kids to see where to go and snokel. I know they like to go diving in the springs. I like Anna Maria Island beaches, but the action for kids is probably Fort Desoto to Clearwater Beach.

You are going love the Miracle, It is a beautiful ship. I was on the 2 day cruise to nowhere when it first came to Tampa. Try not to miss sailing under the skyway bridge, it is a great site to see!

The area that most people mention is around the downtown Tampa area, especially at night. Ybor city is no place for young teens at night.

Let me know if you need further information, let me know.

Susan

Archived