Hawaii Carnival Cruisers

cantw82cruise

I am set to go to Hawaii in September with Carnival. All the stops say arrive at 8:00 AM. I was wondering how accurate this is or if you tend to be there ahead of schedule and can maybe get of the ship a little earlier then that?

Thanks for any help.

John

• 2 weeks later...
What pier does the spirit dock at when in Honolulu if you know?

michael

Last year we docked at the Main pier, forget the number. It is the best pier. Right beside the Aloha Tower and the Aloha Tower Marketplace. :D

I just got home from Hawaii 2 weeks ago and could go back again already. :(

Linda

thanks for you replies. .. what is the cheapest way to get to Waikiki from the pier and back? we plan on a dinner cruise and show, and a dive after we get on the boat. both in Waikiki area.

tia

michael

thanks for you replies. .. what is the cheapest way to get to Waikiki from the pier and back? we plan on a dinner cruise and show, and a dive after we get on the boat. both in Waikiki area.

tia

michael

I suggest the bus. There is a pick up right at pier 11. The bus is $2.00 per person. We did this everyday we were at the pier. A great inexpensive way to get to and from Waikiki.

Just make sure the certain bus you want still runs in the late evenings. Here is their web site http://www.thebus.org.

will check that out... what time did you try to board the ship the first day?

We did a B2B on the Spirit from Vancouver so boarded in Vancouver, not Honolulu. However, we saw people starting to line up in Honolulu at 11am. Don't know what time they got to board. Hope this info helps.

Does anyone know where exactly the spirit docks for lahaina I cant find an image of where it docks and we would like to rent a car for that day and go exploring. but not sure how close the nearest rental place is

tia

micahel

Lahaina is a tender port. There are a couple car companies right in Lahaina, but not the big name ones. There are a couple just up the road in Kaanapali. Most of them have shuttles, but the shuttles will quit at 5:00. When we were there last year, they had a night drop for after 5:00 which we used. I think it was Dollar. Maui also has a great local bus for $1.00.

this will be our first cruise outside of the Caribbean and am curious. do they have tour/excursions company near where you come ashore, like they do in Caribbean ports ?

Yes, you will usually find a few tour operators in each Hawaiian port near where the ship or tender docks, except for Honolulu. For some reason, I found no tour vendors in Aloha Tower pier area, so for Honolulu book your excursions in advance there.

Archived