What can you spend the $400 referral coupon on?

margbem

We have been given a coupon by a very kind chap (you know who you are!!). Can we spend it on transfers from ship to Rome? If not, what sort of other things should we spend it on? I can't find prices for spa treatments or excursions so I've no idea how far it will go!

The referral credit shows up as an on-board credit, so anything you charge to your "cabin" goes toward your on-board account.

You can use it for laundry services, wine package(s), spa services, excursions, etc. If you book a transfer on-board for a transfer, I'd assume it would be on your ship-board account, as well.

If you have any "left overs", you may wish to donate it to the ship's Crew Welfare Fund, if you find the service exemplary (as many do). There will be no mention of such a thing on-board; but if you go to the Purser's Desk and inquire, they will give you a brief form to donate whatever you wish. It will be followed up by a nice letter from the Hotel Manager (I think!), with an explanation of how the funds are used to the benefit of the crew. Your donation also gets posted for the crew to see.

You should have plenty of opportunities to use the credit! Just enjoy yourselves!

Smooth sailing to you...

Paul ;)

I used my SBC on three spa treatments (a foot massage/pedicure; a deep tissue full body massage, and a facial), plus had enough left over to have about $40 worth of laundry/pressing and make a small donation to the crew fund ... :)

If you go to the SB site and log on to "already booked", using your booking number, you will have the opportunity to view the various spa treatments being offered, and also to make pre-cruise appointments.

Have a wonderful time!

Good tips, all the ones above. I love that shipboard credit. The first thing I do is hand over all my nice clothes for pressing, and the credit comes in handy. I also buy internet time, and I've used it for Seabourn's shore excursions as well (the ones you can book onboard). This is such a nice feature!

Archived