Cruise Review - VOYAGER of The Seas (March 1st - 8th, 2009)

ckl

Lita,

Thank you SO much for such a thorough review and for all of the pictures!! My husband and I are planning a cruise on Voyager, out of Galveston, on a slightly different itinerary, for next year.

I can't wait to read through your review again, a little more carefully and maybe ask a few questions! :p

I hope the person on the snorkeling trip is OK.

You are very welcome. You and your husband will enjoy cruising on the Voyager very much. The ship is lovely, its staff is great.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. I'll monitor this thread frequently to answer them.

As for the lady on our snorkelling trip, I feel that the best way to help her is to pray for her and her loved ones.

Lita

Wonderful review and beautiful photographs! Thank you so much for sharing your cruise and photos with us. I will be on this same itinerary in a few weeks and plan to visit Dunn's River Falls. I can't wait! :)

I love, love Dunn's River Falls! I'm pretty sure all the Dunn's River Falls' guides are good in what they do; but if you see Norman "Big Daddy" or Orville, try to get them. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Hey, on your upcoming cruise, maybe you can smuggle me in one of your suitcases :D

Well, kidding aside, have a great cruise! Please let us know how it went when you get back. Thanks.

Lita

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I enjoyed the pictures as well.

You are very welcome :) Glad you like the pictures. I am sorry for the blurry ones though.

Lita

Thank you Lita for a wonderful review! I thoroughly enjoyed your photos! It looks like you and your travel-mates had a wonderful trip. We are sailing on the Voyager in May, and this has given me a little taste of what to expect.

Thanks again~ :)

Yes, we all had a wonderful trip, thanks; although a certain aspect of it was heartbreaking.

I am very glad though that my review gave you a glimpse of your upcoming cruise. Happy to be of help :)

If you can, I would love to hear about your trip. Have a great cruise!

Lita

Hi Lita, I just love your lengthy but very complete review. Sorry to hear about the medical emergency, however, it seems that aside from that, you, Arn & your other friends had a great cruise.

I would love to do the Med cruise but I don't think it will happen this year.

We haven't decided yet which cruise to book for the holidays.

Please say Hi to Arn & the girls.

Nan

Hey, I remember you guys from the cruise! And I remember your friend Colette, too. She was very friendly. I think I remember she said she was from some town north and west of Toronto?

In fact, my wife and I were on the same Jamaican excursion as you. We are the couple directly on the left side (your husbands right) of the second picture in post #12 waving; I have the unbuttoned, short-sleeved, white striped shirt on and my wife is next to me. How cool to see us in your picture. I agree that Orville and Big Daddy were great on that excursion, especially Big Daddy. He took several pictures of us with our camera.

Your review was right on. And the stand alone tiramisu dessert at Portofino's was fantastic. Loved, loved, loved the cruise. Take care!

Hello All,

Thanks again for all your positive responses. I realize though that the next time I do a review, I‘ll try my best for it not to end up being a novel :D

Lita

What a wonderful review! And I loved the pics! Please come back to visit Texas again.

We would love to visit Texas again! Our wonderful guide, Carolyn, did a great job showing us the highlights of Houston and whetted our appetite to experience Houston for a longer time.

Lita

Beautifull photos!!! What camera are you using?? I am shopping for a new camera since my photos never look as "sharp' as yours do.

Oh, thank you so much. I did take several out of focus photos that when I looked at them, I started to feel a headache coming :D

The camera is Canon PowerShot A640. Bought it end of March 2007 so I'm not sure if it is still available. Good luck camera shopping!

Lita

Is this coming out in paperback soon? LOL

Can I download it to my Kindle 2

I know, I know, I got carried away in my review :o

Didn’t know what a Kindle 2 is so I had to google it. Wow! The wonders of technology! Pretty neat machine!

Re downloading my review to your Kindle 2 - I’ll have my people talk to Amazon’s people :rolleyes: :D

Lita

Your review is great and the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for the memories. My DH and I were on Voyager last year and your pictures bring it all back for us. I hope to sail her again very soon. Thanks, again!

Hi Sonya,

Those wonderful, wonderful memories of our past cruises, and planning for our next one: PRICELESS !

Lita

Can someone tell me how difficult the Dunn's River Falls excursion is? I am overweight and not in the best of physical shape, but would love to see this sometime.

Your pictures were wonderful!!!! You have the beginnings of a great scrapbook!!!

Barb

Your review was wonderful; the pictures were beautiful and added so much. We were on Voyager in January and loved it. The pics bring back the sights and sounds. Thank you.

Glad to hear that my review brought back all those wonderful sensations to you. I love the Voyager !

Lita

Can someone tell me how difficult the Dunn's River Falls excursion is? I am overweight and not in the best of physical shape, but would love to see this sometime.

Your pictures were wonderful!!!! You have the beginnings of a great scrapbook!!!

Barb

Hi Barb,

When I was doing my research on the Dunn's River Falls, I read of some people saying they're in great shape but still had difficulty climbing the Falls. Then, I had also read of some people who didn't think they could handle the climb but did beautifully. So DH and I signed up on the excursion to go the Falls knowing that I may or may not get to climb it. The most important to me though is to be in the presence of this spectacular Falls even for half an hour or so. That would have been enough for me.

If you decide to visit and climb the Falls, ask the guide/s if there is any quick and easy way for you to get out of the Falls when you start having difficulty in climbing it. If he says Yes, then make sure that you HOLD onto his hand during the whole climb and DON'T let go of his hand. Also, make sure you wear water shoes.

There's also a stone staircase adjacent to the Falls. It actually is a pleasant place to enjoy this fantastic Falls; and people watch too.

Lita

Lita, can you tell me more about the Limo service you took to Galveston and contact info? Some Canadians on our roll call were asking about transportation. Thanks.

Patti

Hi Patti,

Sorry it took me sometime to answer your question. I already had deleted my email from them so I had to search in the paper file that I brought with us in the cruise.

The company's name is AJ Limousine.

Their email address is http://www.aj-limousine.com

Phone no: 800-417-4191.

For the 3 of us, we paid $175 tip included (txfr from Houston IAH Airport).

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to of help.

Lita

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time. Only 3.5 weeks before I am back on VOTS for the itent y'all sailed. It was a lot of fun to sail the other route, but it will be more fun for me at least to make this route since it gets me back to Grand Cayman.

Yes, our friends, my DH and I had, for the most part, had a wonderful time.

You must be getting very excited in your upcoming cruise, lucky you!

Happy Sailing!

Lita

Thank you Lita for such a lovely review. The pictures made it truly the next best thing to being there. Please come back to Texas again. I too hope your snorkeling companion is alright. I see many of my fellow 4/12'rs have posted - we are definitely in the throes of Pre Cruise Anticipation. :)

Hey, you'll be cruising soon with Patti and Rancher Dave. Sounds like you guys have a fun group; I'm so happy for all of you :)

Have a great cruise y'all !

Lita

Hi Lita, I just love your lengthy but very complete review. Sorry to hear about the medical emergency, however, it seems that aside from that, you, Arn & your other friends had a great cruise.

I would love to do the Med cruise but I don't think it will happen this year.

We haven't decided yet which cruise to book for the holidays.

Please say Hi to Arn & the girls.

Nan

Hey Nan, So good to hear from you. The girls and Arn say Hi back to you :)

Our friends and Arn and I are booked to do the Med cruise next year, the particulars are on my Signature. We would love for you and Sean (I hope he's coming too) to join us. The more, the merrier :)

I spoke to the girls today on the phone. They are starting to prepare for their university exams (I couldn't believe this school year is almost finished for them). We also reminisced about the great time our family had on our cruise on the AOS last December. Memories, memories, precious, precious memories ...

Lita

Hey, I remember you guys from the cruise! And I remember your friend Colette, too. She was very friendly. I think I remember she said she was from some town north and west of Toronto?

In fact, my wife and I were on the same Jamaican excursion as you. We are the couple directly on the left side (your husbands right) of the second picture in post #12 waving; I have the unbuttoned, short-sleeved, white striped shirt on and my wife is next to me. How cool to see us in your picture. I agree that Orville and Big Daddy were great on that excursion, especially Big Daddy. He took several pictures of us with our camera.

Your review was right on. And the stand alone tiramisu dessert at Portofino's was fantastic. Loved, loved, loved the cruise. Take care!

Hey,

So good to hear from you! I am glad that you like our excursion group photo. We had a great group for sure! Also, our group was so very lucky to have Norman "Big Daddy" and Orville as our guides.

I agree with you about Colette; she is one of the friendliest people I know. The next time we talk on the phone, I'll mention to her about you and your wife. She'll be very happy to read your post. Newmarket is the city where she lives, which is a bit north east of Toronto.

Take care.

Lita

Hello Lita

Thanks for the review. Loved it. It warmed my heart and put a smile on my face. Your review brought back sweet memories of our holiday cruise last December. Thanks for the pictures. Pictures give the feeling of being there. This morning while having my coffee, I escaped onto your cruise.

Tell Arn and the family hello:)

Gladys

thank you so much for you reply. My sister always loves the Canon cameras and your photos confirmed that they are a good choice. I loved the photos in your review. it made it so much more entertaining than just the ususal written review. A picture is worth a thousand words!! Thanks for sharing,

I thought your review was great. I find that the more detailed they are, you get the feeling that you are there. The pictures are great. I know what you mean about still reading the manual for your camera. I bought a new Nikon Coolpix last year and still have problems using the right setting for different pictures. We left on the Esctasy the Monday after ya'll left. I never could get the pictures in the showroom to come out right. Thanks once again for the great review.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lita - It's Helene from the AOS Holiday cruise. Just read you review for VOS. It was great. Not a detail left out. Hope your catamaran mate is OK. I loved the hotel that you stayed at in Texas.

Hope all is well with you, Arn and the girls.

Helene

Archived