NEW Latitudes benefits 3 & 4 + Nights!

travel_lover

Did you all notice that the latitude benefit sailings changed.

Bronze used to be 1-4 completed cruises, now its 1-5,

Silver was 5-8, now it's 6-9,

Gold was 9-13, now it's 10-14,

Platinum was 14, now it's 15.

So what do you all think?:confused:

I think it sucks. If NCL wants to make changes how about changing it to DAYS SAILED and not number of sailings. This current change doesn't hurt all the 1-nighter cruisers but it sure is a financial hit for the rest of us who do 9 day, 14 day, and 19 day cruises. It would be nice to get a little credit for the THOUSANDS of extra dollars we spend on these longer cruises.

I think it sucks. If NCL wants to make changes how about changing it to DAYS SAILED and not number of sailings.

THANKS so much for pointing this out. I was just about to ask this question. Glad I read to end. So it is NUMBER OR CRUISES, not NUMBER OF DAYS SAILED?

I think it sucks. If NCL wants to make changes how about changing it to DAYS SAILED and not number of sailings.

THANKS so much for pointing this out. I was just about to ask this question. Glad I read to end. So it is NUMBER OR CRUISES' date=' not NUMBER OF DAYS SAILED?[/quote']

Yup, the person who takes a 1-night dinner/dance cruise gets the exact same Latitudes credit as someone who takes a 19-day repo cruise. Could not possibly be more unfair. Great deal though for all those folks who live on the East Coast and are offered many 1-night cruises.

So it is NUMBER OR CRUISES, not NUMBER OF DAYS SAILED?

# of cruises, just like the majority of other lines. In fact, of the mainstream lines, I'm not aware of any that are # of days. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this could shed some light

I do believe there are a few, with Princess being one of them.

Also, I didn't notice the change in levels. I became silver after my 5th completed cruise with NCL. I think they just re-worded it, so everyone understood it. I could be wrong though.

# of cruises, just like the majority of other lines. In fact, of the mainstream lines, I'm not aware of any that are # of days. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this could shed some light

I have to laugh when I read about people getting all worked up over Platinum entitlements, or lack thereof. I just go to enjoy the cruise and see parts of the world I would probably never see otherwise. I’m not chained to any one cruise line and will sail with anyone who goes where I would like to go, for the price I want to pay. Sure, most cruise lines try to glamorize their bennies for frequent cruisers, but most are just a bunch of fluff! I decided to lay it all out and see if it would pay me to spend at a minimum of $30,000 (that’s fifteen cruises for two pax at balcony prices for 7-day cruises) in order to get the Platinum Entitlements offered by NCL to their most loyal pax. Here’s what I found:

Latitude Platinum Entitlements:

Priority Check-in: So you get to eat lunch 15 minutes earlier than the rest of the pax. Big Deal!

Liaison to answer your questions at sea: Call or walk down to the purser’s desk and ask.

Members-only cocktail parties hosted by the Captain: same as a Bronze member with only one previous cruise.

Exclusive gathering: Ok, you’ve got me there! I’ll be having fun at a show, or having my 2nd dessert for the evening.

Exclusive onboard discounts:

• 30 percent spa discount while in port. You can get a similar discount if you watch your dailies.

• 10 percent off any single item in our gift shop: well, I can't vouch for every cruise, but I’ve gotten anywhere from 10-25% off on cruises before. The items are much too expensive anyway, so I’ll pass.

• 10 extra chances to win a $500 bid credit at the art gallery. Come-on, do you really think you’ll win? And do you really care about the art on board?? If so, go for it!

VIP service, including:

• Welcome Fruit Basket & Sparkling Win: Cost - $30 (Bon Voyage Menu) Fruit is free if you go to the buffet.

• Priority Restaurant Reservations: many posts on CC said it’s never been a problem if you call the morning of.

• Priority Tender Tickets: This may actually be a convenience, but it’s really a non-issue with me. I’ve never missed an excursion because of it.

• Priority Disembarkation: I always do the walk off and disembark before the crowds hit the customs stations.

• Invitation to the Captain’s cocktail party: if that’s your thing, don’t miss it!

• Complimentary dinner for two in Le Bistro: OK, another $30. With wine, $60, (though we don’t drink alcohol.)

• Complimentary “Behind the scenes” ship tour: I can watch this on the many Cruise programs on the travel channel if I really want to. Otherwise, I could pay the $110, if I just had to do it.

• Complementary Laundry Service on the Bulk Bag: $25 for me.

OK, let’s tally it up:

Welcome basket & wine $30.00 (Free for me—no wine)

Dinner & Wine in Le Bistro $60.00 ($30.00 for me—no wine)

Ship Tour $110.00 (Would only do it once)

Laundry Service $25.00 (Seldom necessary for 7-days)

A Total of $225.00 (1st time, $115.00 after that, or in my case $30.00).

So let’s see: spend $30,000 so I can save $225.00 one time and $115.00 after that! Sorry, it doesn’t blow-up my skirt!

Now, yes I’m going to spend money anyway to cruise, and I will probably climb the Latitude’s Entitlement ladder or some other cruise line’s program, but to get so worked up when a bennie or two are modified or taken away, I really don’t see the point!

OK, come on you can blast me if you like! I know I’m going to get it!! :) :)

Yup' date=' the person who takes a 1-night dinner/dance cruise gets the exact same Latitudes credit as someone who takes a 19-day repo cruise. Could not possibly be more unfair. Great deal though for all those folks who live on the East Coast and are offered many 1-night cruises.[/quote']

I'm not so sure that's the case anymore...I think I read somewhere the cruises had to be 5 or more days to count towards the Lat. program.

I'm not so sure that's the case anymore...I think I read somewhere the cruises had to be 5 or more days to count towards the Lat. program.

My understanding that it's a 5 or more days cruise to get latitudes benefits on that cruise. In other words, no matter what level you are, you won't get the bennies on cruises under 4 days. But I certainly could have misunderstood that. I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

I have to laugh when I read about people getting all worked up over Platinum entitlements, or lack thereof. I just go to enjoy the cruise and see parts of the world I would probably never see otherwise. I’m not chained to any one cruise line and will sail with anyone who goes where I would like to go, for the price I want to pay. Sure, most cruise lines try to glamorize their bennies for frequent cruisers, but most are just a bunch of fluff! I decided to lay it all out and see if it would pay me to spend at a minimum of $30,000 (that’s fifteen cruises for two pax at balcony prices for 7-day cruises) in order to get the Platinum Entitlements offered by NCL to their most loyal pax. Here’s what I found:

Latitude Platinum Entitlements:

Priority Check-in: So you get to eat lunch 15 minutes earlier than the rest of the pax. Big Deal!

Liaison to answer your questions at sea: Call or walk down to the purser’s desk and ask.

Members-only cocktail parties hosted by the Captain: same as a Bronze member with only one previous cruise.

Exclusive gathering: Ok, you’ve got me there! I’ll be having fun at a show, or having my 2nd dessert for the evening.

Exclusive onboard discounts:

• 30 percent spa discount while in port. You can get a similar discount if you watch your dailies.

• 10 percent off any single item in our gift shop: well, I can't vouch for every cruise, but I’ve gotten anywhere from 10-25% off on cruises before. The items are much too expensive anyway, so I’ll pass.

• 10 extra chances to win a $500 bid credit at the art gallery. Come-on, do you really think you’ll win? And do you really care about the art on board?? If so, go for it!

VIP service, including:

• Welcome Fruit Basket & Sparkling Win: Cost - $30 (Bon Voyage Menu) Fruit is free if you go to the buffet.

• Priority Restaurant Reservations: many posts on CC said it’s never been a problem if you call the morning of.

• Priority Tender Tickets: This may actually be a convenience, but it’s really a non-issue with me. I’ve never missed an excursion because of it.

• Priority Disembarkation: I always do the walk off and disembark before the crowds hit the customs stations.

• Invitation to the Captain’s cocktail party: if that’s your thing, don’t miss it!

• Complimentary dinner for two in Le Bistro: OK, another $30. With wine, $60, (though we don’t drink alcohol.)

• Complimentary “Behind the scenes” ship tour: I can watch this on the many Cruise programs on the travel channel if I really want to. Otherwise, I could pay the $110, if I just had to do it.

• Complementary Laundry Service on the Bulk Bag: $25 for me.

OK, let’s tally it up:

Welcome basket & wine $30.00 (Free for me—no wine)

Dinner & Wine in Le Bistro $60.00 ($30.00 for me—no wine)

Ship Tour $110.00 (Would only do it once)

Laundry Service $25.00 (Seldom necessary for 7-days)

A Total of $225.00 (1st time, $115.00 after that, or in my case $30.00).

So let’s see: spend $30,000 so I can save $225.00 one time and $115.00 after that! Sorry, it doesn’t blow-up my skirt!

Now, yes I’m going to spend money anyway to cruise, and I will probably climb the Latitude’s Entitlement ladder or some other cruise line’s program, but to get so worked up when a bennie or two are modified or taken away, I really don’t see the point!

OK, come on you can blast me if you like! I know I’m going to get it!! :) :)

Good analysis, but I don't cruise NCL to get the Latitudes, I cruise because I'm a big fan of Freestyle. That said however, I do enjoy getting rewards for cruising them. Primarily, the priority tender tickets. That's the hot one for me because I book independent tours and I like the idea of getting off early to maximize my time in port.

You are right. I also cruise for what my needs are at the time. I also know I prefer to cruise some lines over others.

You are being reasonable. I don't think anyone should blast you for having your opinion.

Dawn

Thanks for your encouragement. I know how bad the flamers can get, but I do think it's silly the way entitlement changes people's motivation...I cruised with some friends one time who were Diamonds on RCI...All they could talk about the whole trip was going to the reception for Diamonds on about the 4th evening or so. Status seeking can be such an empty pursuit!

I'm all about life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness...if getting another notch on their oar is someone's thing, then so be it! I'll be happy for them too!

DT

Good analysis' date=' but I don't cruise NCL to get the Latitudes, I cruise because I'm a big fan of Freestyle. That said however, I do enjoy getting rewards for cruising them. Primarily, the priority tender tickets. That's the hot one for me because I book independent tours and I like the idea of getting off early to maximize my time in port.[/quote']

That's great stillfloatin, I'm with you. Freestyle is a great way to go! :D

DT

Did you all notice that the latitude benefit sailings changed.

Bronze used to be 1-4 completed cruises, now its 1-5,

Silver was 5-8, now it's 6-9,

Gold was 9-13, now it's 10-14,

Platinum was 14, now it's 15.

So what do you all think?:confused:

Actually I think that's how its always been...take a look at the old layout..

http://i40.tinypic.com/25phicl.jpg

We became Gold after our 9th Sailing...didn't receive Gold benefits til we were ON our 10th Sailing....so the numbers haven't changed.

Yup' date=' the person who takes a 1-night dinner/dance cruise gets the exact same Latitudes credit as someone who takes a 19-day repo cruise. Could not possibly be more unfair. Great deal though for all those folks who live on the East Coast and are offered many 1-night cruises.[/quote']

We are actually not offered many 1night Cruises. They are usally a bit pricey to and not worth it...I wish we had some 3day sailings on NCL out of NY....now that would be great! :D

I personally think NCLs past guest benefits are better than any other lines....I like NCL and sticking with them to me they have great prices and I do like the idea of freestyle....ofcourse it's not ALL about the perks...but perks are always a nice idea. :)

I think it sucks. If NCL wants to make changes how about changing it to DAYS SAILED and not number of sailings. This current change doesn't hurt all the 1-nighter cruisers but it sure is a financial hit for the rest of us who do 9 day' date=' 14 day, and 19 day cruises. It would be nice to get a little credit for the THOUSANDS of extra dollars we spend on these longer cruises.[/quote']

Ive been on several long cruises and I always wondered why cruises of 7 or more days dont get more cruise points. I've also been on 1 - 1 nighter and 2 - 3 nighters. So i can relate to everyone on this subject.

The one nighters out of NYC are not that cheap. Sometimes there even as expensive as a 5 nighter.

The one nighters out of NYC are not that cheap. Sometimes there even as expensive as a 5 nighter.

I paid $200 total(not pp) for 4 people out of NY on a one night and that was for a oceanview...it was one of the fist ones and that was only available for one day at that price. I got the info to do that from a post here! Thanks

I personally think NCLs past guest benefits are better than any other lines....I like NCL and sticking with them to me they have great prices and I do like the idea of freestyle....ofcourse it's not ALL about the perks...but perks are always a nice idea. :)

I couldnt agree with you more!

I paid $200 total(not pp) for 4 people out of NY on a one night and that was for a oceanview...it was one of the fist ones and that was only available for one day at that price. I got the info to do that from a post here! Thanks

That was a great price you got! I wish i would have found that. I would have booked it in a blink.

When we did our one nighter the prices per person was 99 dollars not including taxes, port charges etc etc. And that was for a cheap inside cabin.

Archived