NCL Sky 4 day

e050377

Hi-

Can anyone tell me about the kids clubs on NCL? We are sailing on the Sky for 4 days at the end of August, and my kids were asking me what to expect. They are very social and love to play, so I think they will find the kids club to be great fun. They will be in the same group as my ds will be 6 and dd will be 7. I know the clubs are open from sailaway to 10:30 (later for a fee), but that's about all! We've never sailed with our children before. Any info/tips are appreciated.

• 8 months later...

Although my DD is older (14) than your children, I can tell you that she thoroughly enjoyed the Teen Club. She was one of only a handful of children on this sailing (30 teens and maybe 40 smaller children but not many attended) and she absolutely loved the personalized attention. They get priority seating in all the shows where kids are allowed, a special dining area in the formal dining rooms and the Garden Cafe', and they have numerous activities throughout the day and night.

Of all the cruises we have been on, she has only attended the kids club on 2 occasions. While she made some really great friends on our Alaskan cruise this summer (she keeps in touch with them online), she really adored the staff on this one. They were wonderful! I ended up tipping them more on this cruise than I ever have on a 7-day cruise - they were that good!

Edited to add: They have several big screen televisions in the teen lounge for video games (Wii), a music center, card games, arts & crafts, a fuseball table, table hockey, an in-room dance floor, etc. Sorry I can't help more with the smaller children's play area, but I imagine they would have more items that cater to smaller children in addition to some of these.

We were on the Sky in August with the DS(5), DD(2) and niece(12).

DD was too young and stayed with us. DD loved it, he was in the 3-5 group. Couldn't get him out. He has enjoyed all three NCL clubs he's been to.

Our niece made a friend and attended the last night, she had so much fun she regretted not going earlier.

There was face painting for the little ones every day, a pajama party on the last night, a pirate parade and a dinner and show night. I'll look for the schedule, I may still have it. You can google it and find the program online. I saw it posted somewhere recently.

We're going to be on the Sky NEXT WEEKEND!!! I can't believe it's finally here, and with daily temperatures going down to -40 lately I can't wait!!!

If my brain's not too fried by the time we get on board, I'll bring back the three night Kid's Crew program and some photos of the facilities - and my daughter's review, of course! :)

Archived