How often do you go back to your cabin during the day?

Roadtripster

We go by our cabin all the time. I dont know what folks mean when they say they are never in their cabins. I even go there to use the toilet rather than the public restrooms, unless we have a really inconvient location.

Hey Fly........I agree with you sister and I almost never use the public restrooms, but don't you think that maybe if you weren't with your sister you might not need to go back to your cabin so often????

I usually go back after each meal, when I come back from being on shore, and if I've purchased anything in the gift shop. Most of the rest of the time, I'm either on the Lido or Promenade reading or something.

I would estimate that including sleep time, I'm not in my cabin more than 6 hours a day.

I love my balcony. Dh & I spend lots of time enjoying our cabin and balc. For us that is what cruising is all about, being on the water and away from land. We love port days on the ship because it's like having our own very large yacht.

We enjoy some of the nightlife, love music and good food. During the day we may go for a swim and catch up on our reading - sometimes on deck, mostly on our balc. Can't forget that catnap in the afternoon with the balcony door open listening to the sea. Doesn't get any better than that. :D

I've only been on one cruise, but I bounced back and forth. Sometimes I stayed away for hours some days I was running up and down (on U deck) the stairs, there was one day I did just kind of lay around for a while in the afternoon. My dad liked laying in the cabin reading or napping, in the middle of the day.

I think it just depends. I don't use public restrooms if at all possible, plus I figure going back and forth helped....I didn't gain any weight on the cruise. :D

We go back to our cabin often during the day, but we don't spend a lot of time in our cabin. We usually are in and out to grab something, use the bathroom, or change clothes for meals (we like to eat in the dining room whenever possible). We try to choose cabins close to stairways so that it's not too far to travel. Our first cruise, we had an aft suite, and it was wonderful except for the long trek back and forth!

I was talking to someone and was saying that once we leave our cabin in the morning for breakfast, we do not return until it is time to get ready for dinner. After dinner, we don't come back again till it's time to go to bed.

That is for port days and sea days.

Was just wondering if others keep going back to their cabin or not.

It depends. If the cabin is near the stern, then I do go back to the cabin at least a couple of time per day. However, if the cabin is near the bow, then I have to go forward to the cabin, again, at least a couple of times per day.

Archived