Chaakanaab Park how's the food here?

MrOCT31

We were just there last week. We both had nachos and they were good. There are several places to eat, and some places were cheaper than others. I saw one that was $5 for different plates of food. Our nachos were $7 a piece I think. Its cheap and you can sit at a restaurant on the beach, and be waited on (which is what we did) or walk up and get food. Just look around, but for the most part I think is is all cheap. Its very very pretty there!

We were just there last week. We both had nachos and they were good. There are several places to eat, and some places were cheaper than others. I saw one that was $5 for different plates of food. Our nachos were $7 a piece I think. Its cheap and you can sit at a restaurant on the beach, and be waited on (which is what we did) or walk up and get food. Just look around, but for the most part I think is is all cheap. Its very very pretty there!

Thanks so much, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't break the bank to eat there. We're planning to bring water bottles with us off the ship and some packaged snacks like Goldfish crackers for the 1 y.o....I hope that's ok to do:D

Yes the food there is great. We had the fajitas and the mexican plate. The prices were reasonable. The Guacamole was awesome. Yes you can bring snacks. We saw people bring the small boxes of cereal from the boat and scatter it in the water and the fish would come feed on it. Chankanaab is a really nice place. I think you would enjoy it. The snorkeling there is also really good.

Yes the food there is great. We had the fajitas and the mexican plate. The prices were reasonable. The Guacamole was awesome. Yes you can bring snacks. We saw people bring the small boxes of cereal from the boat and scatter it in the water and the fish would come feed on it. Chankanaab is a really nice place. I think you would enjoy it. The snorkeling there is also really good.

Thanks for the info...do they have kid type foods? Like burgers or chix. nuggets? my kids do try new foods but they dont always like them and I know they'll be hungry if we're there from 10-3!:confused:

Also are there shaded areas to eat at? We plan to be there all day so since my kids are all fair-skinned blondies who don't tan I want to make sure they can get a break from the sun. We do have rash guard shirts and I see we need biodegradable sunblock for the park.

Yup they have hamburgers, and I can't rememeber but they probably do have chicken nuggets. There are plenty of places with shade, the restaurants are outside and under shade. We didn't bring biodegradable sunblock, just because we couldn't find any, and we saw other people putting on regular as well. I was kind of worried we would get in trouble but we didn't.

Yup they have hamburgers, and I can't rememeber but they probably do have chicken nuggets. There are plenty of places with shade, the restaurants are outside and under shade. We didn't bring biodegradable sunblock, just because we couldn't find any, and we saw other people putting on regular as well. I was kind of worried we would get in trouble but we didn't.

Thanks for the info!:)

Food at Chankanaab is ok and fairly priced, I have had much better, but also much worse. I do agree though, the guacamole is awesome and fresh. Just a note to those with small children, you will want the kids to swim in the pool. There is no real place for children to swim from the beach. It is very rocky and an old rickety stairs to climb into the water, and it drops off deep. I didn't think the snorkeling was good at all though. They do have a few created myan statues they place underwater, but most of Cozumel reef for real snorkeling, is only accessable by boat on a snorkel tour. The park itself is really beautiful though, take a walk and you will see how beautiful it is.

Food at Chankanaab is ok and fairly priced, I have had much better, but also much worse. I do agree though, the guacamole is awesome and fresh. Just a note to those with small children, you will want the kids to swim in the pool. There is no real place for children to swim from the beach. It is very rocky and an old rickety stairs to climb into the water, and it drops off deep. I didn't think the snorkeling was good at all though. They do have a few created myan statues they place underwater, but most of Cozumel reef for real snorkeling, is only accessable by boat on a snorkel tour. The park itself is really beautiful though, take a walk and you will see how beautiful it is.

Thanks for the tips. Also isn't there a lagoon type area for the kids? I saw photos of it on trip advisor reviews, at least I though I did.

There is a lagoon but you cannot swim in it. They have a "beach" area where you can walk in with sand and everything, and I saw kids in there. Its a small area, but better for kids. The stairs to get in the other places are not really good for kids...it was hard for me to get in! Its rocky, and even harder to get out.

Thanks for the tips. Also isn't there a lagoon type area for the kids? I saw photos of it on trip advisor reviews, at least I though I did.

Archived