So. Beach Info/Help Please

cmjaffe

Staying in SoBe prior to Brilliance cruise Dec. 23 w/kids (got Doubletree Surfcomber on PL for $52... not planned, thought we'd stay at airport).

Will be getting there in early evening. address is 1717 Collins. Any suggestions on where to go w/kids for dinner (looking for decent food/not too pricey) and breakfast. Since it's Xmas sailing and ship's probably sold out (and we're happy w/cabin) we won't be rushing to pier for initial boarding rush/crush. We're in JS and Diamond so that should hopefully help w/lines and wait. Also I think the kids will enjoy hanging out at beach for a bit before boarding (and showering/desanding in hotel prior).

What's to do in South Beach... last times we stayed at Hyatt and just went to Bayside.

Thanks.

Carolyn

I would go to Jerry's Deli for breakfast. lunch or dinner....they are open 24hrs..a day the place is amazing...the menu is so huge....you will be amazed..there is so many different selections for all ages (kids & adults) the atomsphere is wonderful very clean...the prices are very fair..the staff was really nice and very friendly..I totally loved this place...

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in SB and we took a taxi from there (2210 Collins I think) to the pier and it cost us $25 flat rate...which was not bad...we had 4 people....

Check out Lincoln Road...filled with shops, restaurants and more...nice area with all sorts of things to do and see....

Have fun...

Oh man, there's an AWSOME Cuban Resturant on the "strip" on the beach. Can't remeber the name of it, but it has a yellow awning over the patio. Mmmmm.:)

Joe's Stone Crab is there too if you don't mind spending a fortune.

There are so many resturants on the strip, you're bound to find something. It's almost all good. Walking around the strip at night is safe and fun. You'll enjoy the experiance!;)

Just got back from staying at the Doubletree....great hotel, btw!!

Jerry's deli is good, and close by. On Lincoln Rd, we liked the Nexxt cafe, also there is a Giradelli chocolate shop. There are probably 10-15 restaraunts there, so don't worry. Also, on Ocean Drive, we liked Cafe Med, and folks speak well of News Cafe.

Thanks everyone.

Guess my little Priceline "snafu" worked out for "the best"...

we've never experienced So. Beach and it will be "fun" for the kids and I to see "something different" (they've been sheltered in subrural CT lol). Also it will give us a way to "unwind" from all the stress we've been experiencing the last 6 months.

I'm glad to get decent "feedback" about the Doubletree.. Didn't know what I got myself into.. but the $$ turned out right $52 plus tax/fees on Priceline.

Know it's not the Ritz but since we're guaranteed 2 beds (traveling w/2 kids) it will work out fine.

Carolyn

Since you're with kids (my kids are picky), if you don't mind a chain (CC'ers - put the flame throwers away:eek: ), Outback Steakhouse is at 2201 Collins. We went to a charity event with the Miami Heat on South Beach earlier this year, and found it to be convenient to the Doubletree.

Archived