Disney Mexican Riviera cruise

deputymama

Pretty simple...because Disney World is here on the East Coast. :p

Seriously though. There are only 2 Disney ships (right now). Disney Wonder and Disney Magic. They both are home based in Port Canaveral, Florida....which is 40 minutes from Orlando Florida (home of Walt Disney World)

With the exception of a Med Itinerary for Magic in 2010...the Wonder and the Magic leave Port Canaveral and do the Caribbean/Bahamas Itinerary. Pretty much every itinerary (excluding Med) includes a stop at Disney's Private Island at Castaway Cay (Bahamas)

In 2011 and 2012, Disney will release 2 new ships - Disney Dreams and DIsney Fantasy. At that point, or so it's rumored, the Wonder or Magic will be repositioned to the West Coast.

So you have a couple of years to wait for that ship at Disney Land. :D

Honestly, I am a HUGE fan of DCL, but would never use them for the Mexican Riviera. The years that they have done the Mexican Riviera, their prices were practically DOUBLE the prices of other cruise lines doing the same itinerary. In my opinion, one of the best reasons to use DCL is to visit Castaway Cay in the bahamas. From what I hear, the Sapphire Princess, Mariner of the Seas, and the Carnival Splendor can all offer an equal to or better experience for a lot less money.

They have done a limited number of west coast itineraries but as said it was crazy expensive. I imagine if they had a full time ship out here it wouldn't be as bad but even normal DCL prices are much higher than RCL.

Archived