SEATAC to Vancouver pier???

Flight arrives 10:25 AM, too late for Amtrak, what's the next best/cheapest way to get from SEATAC to the Vancouver pier?

Quick Coach/Shuttle is likely your next best option...I hope you are not trying to catch a same day cruise from Vancouver because if you are your are really pushing the envelope and likely wont make it.

www.quickcoach.com/

Quick Coach/Shuttle is likely your next best option...I hope you are not trying to catch a same day cruise from Vancouver because if you are your are really pushing the envelope and likely wont make it.

www.quickcoach.com/

I strongly agree that this is highly risky... I used Quickcoach as a backup plan in September of 2006 from SeaTac to Vancouver. My bus was scheduled to leave in time, however the Candian border closed to all traffic after I left Seattle. I just made it in time - I steped foot on board the ship in Vancouver EXACTLY at the same time that ship was scheduled to depart the pier!!!

While I did make it on board, the ship's personel was not happy that I arrived so late.

FLY in to Vancouver, get there a day early, do anything to be sure that you don't get stuck at the border for 4 hours like I did!

FYI... this was not a Quickcoach problem. They were very nice and did a great job!

Does Canada close their borders often? DH really wants to drive from Central California to Seattle in September for our cruise on 8/7 then take Amtak to Vancouver...we would do this the day before...anything we should be aware of?

Thanks

Does Canada close their borders often? DH really wants to drive from Central California to Seattle in September for our cruise on 8/7 then take Amtak to Vancouver...we would do this the day before...anything we should be aware of?

Thanks

No, it is an isolated instance that border gets closed... it usualy involves a serious police incident or major accident. I can only recall it happening 3 times in the past 7 or 8 years. It is highly unlikely that anything would impact Amtrak, people arrive the day of their cruise via the Amtrak train all the time.

Archived