Body Moisturizer/Lotion ?

Occy

With the way society is now against perfumes, even though I use very little and use the "spray and walk thru" method, I've decided in certain instances I wld prefer to just use a scented body moisturizer lotion instead of my Alfred Sung. I have tried a few lavender ones that are made here on the island but I find the scent doesn't last too long. Before buying more and ending up with a never ending line of bottles in the bathroom, I was wondering if you cld perhaps recommend one, not necessarily a lavender one but a body lotion with a nice scent that will last for more than an hour or so.

Thx. muchly in advance

I really like the way the scent in Victoria's Secret Garden body butter stays on my skin, its just a hint. The scents may not be for everyone, though.

A suggestion, though. If you're looking for a lighter way to do a scent, there are ways to do it, depending on the scent you prefer. If you use the same scent in your body wash and moisturizer, it will last a lot better. You might be able to find a body mist, as well, in a good scent. They're not as strong as a regular bottle of perfume, but still have a longer lasting fragrance than simply using scented moisturizer. That's what I typically use in the summer or when someplace warm and tropical, since its not as strong, but still smells pretty.

Hi ...

I use a couple depending on my mood and they scent does

last for awhile.

For lavendar

I use all EO products, all authentic aromatherapy

http://www.eoproducts.com/

In fact I love these products so much, that I gave travel sizes away as one of our wedding favors.

For tropical scents I use Alba Botanical

http://albabotanica.com/?title=Hawaiian

I have very dry and sensitive skin and I've never had any kind of reaction to the ingredients in these product lines

I use Amazing Grace by Philosophy. It has a very pretty but clean scent. The lady I sit next to at work is TERRIBLE about smells, and she has never once complained about this one. I agree with the other posters too, and use the body wash, lotion, and a spritz to layer the scent to make it last longer.

Mary Jo

Thx. so much for your replies. I've contacted EO to see if they have an outlet in Canada, or an on-line distributor. Also made a note of the other products and I'll check them out tonite on-line when I have more time to "investigate".

Really appreciate your advice. Regards ........

With the way society is now against perfumes, even though I use very little and use the "spray and walk thru" method, I've decided in certain instances I wld prefer to just use a scented body moisturizer lotion instead of my Alfred Sung. I have tried a few lavender ones that are made here on the island but I find the scent doesn't last too long. Before buying more and ending up with a never ending line of bottles in the bathroom, I was wondering if you cld perhaps recommend one, not necessarily a lavender one but a body lotion with a nice scent that will last for more than an hour or so.

Thx. muchly in advance

I love Angel by Thierry Mugler and they have recently reformulated their body lotions to have a diffusion system that gradually disperses through the hours, and so it lasts a long time. I think it's wonderful.

Why don't you get Alfred Sung body lotion? When I want to wear a scent but not as heavy as regular perfume, I switch to the scented lotion or shower gel or that perfume.

Which Sung do you wear? I used to wear the original and loved it!

I love Bath and Body Works. My new favorite is Midnight Pomegranate. The scent is not too "perfumy" and is fruity, but smells rich as well. The lotion or body butter lasts forever, and you can buy a small tube of hand lotion as well, that helps refresh the scent.

Cassieroll, it's Sung by Alfred Sung ....... I guess that must be the original. I've had so many people ask what scent I was wearing but as I said before, I'm always nervous that I'm invading somebody's "space" wearing perfume nowadays, hence the reason I thought a soap, body lotion or the likes may be better. Good idea regarding Sung's body cream. I remember using it once ages ago when I got some in a gift box. Thx. all for your advise, it's much appreciated.

The EO lavender line is AMAZING. I am addicted to the lavender hand soap!!! And I love the spearmint and peppermint line they put out at Christmas.

I found a scent mist and body butter combo from Avon's Mark line that stays on really well. It's from their "sanctuary" line. The scent is new - "Lavender and Lime". Very light and refreshing.

I am respectful at work when I wear perfume (which is daily) and don't "over do" it but that comes from the fact that I work with a woman who buys Paloma Picasso perfume and I swear she bathes in it. You can smell her coming a mile away!

What I didn't know is that it is socially unacceptable to wear perfume now. Is this just on a cruise ship or should I back off the perfume wearing altogether. Its part of my daily routine...just like lipstick and mascara....I feel awkward without it.

I do have body sprays at my desk for times when my perfume has worn off and I may have had something oniony at lunch but I don't feel that they are on the same level as a perfume.

I second the Philosophy Amazing Grace suggestion or any of the fragrances in the Grace line. There are several from almost no scent to lightly scented. This is a line which is often raved about by medical personnel who also have to be careful about the scent they are wearing.

We could not wear any scents in our hospital when I was working.

I was in to work holiday relief last month in the office and the signs are still up "No Scents make good sense".

There are a lot of people with allergies now.

Our Doctor's Office even has a sign up in his office. Also I volunteeer at a Seniors home and again, a sign is up asking people to kindly refrain from wearing perfume. Pretty soon I won't be able to wear it anywhere sob !! sob !!

Oh that is one of my most favorites!!

I love BabyDoll by Yves St. Laurent..it has a fruity fresh smell and you don't smell like fruit salad. Lasts an entire day or more and feels "cold" when you put it on so it's refreshing.

I like Donna Karan Cashmere Mist perfume and sometimes just use the lotion on my arms instead of the perfume for light scent.

Archived