Possible CC Group Cruise in June 2010, Who's Interested?

dsb9938

What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.

[quote name='Koval'][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]I am just lurking around, and saw some one post about Children, like maybe they didn't want to be bothered with little ones around?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

I have never had a problem with kids. I know some folks have. But I think on an Alaska cruise it will much more sedate.

[quote name='dbogusch']The $25 deposit is always nice.[/quote]

That's usually built in with a cruise this far out.

I'm talking about what folks like to call amenities.

Some get champagne, a private cocktail party, etc.

[quote name='dsb9938']That's usually built in with a cruise this far out.

I'm talking about what folks like to call amenities.

Some get champagne, a private cocktail party, etc.[/QUOTE]

Candy or fruit in the room
100.00 OBC
25.00 Deposit
Cruise Critic Lanyard
Private meet/mingle party

Hope I'm not asking for too much but that's some ideas (and of course you can pick/choose).

As for kids...well we'll be bringing ours (age 10 and 15) with us and have been on cruises before (and I make sure they are always in line and well behaved). They love Camp Carnival and because of that we hardly EVER see them :) They're always busy with that.

Maybe that is why sometimes you don't see alot of the "kids" around on Carnival? They do have a great kids program. It's the spring breakers (college kids) you have to worry about that drink and party and tend to get obnoxious.

[quote name='hkolln']Candy or fruit in the room
100.00 OBC
25.00 Deposit
Cruise Critic Lanyard

Hope I'm not asking for too much but that's some ideas (and of course you can pick/choose).[/quote]

These are a lot of the things I've seen, can't wait to find out what else there is.

100.00 OBC
25.00 Deposit
Cruise Critic Lanyard

Hope I'm not asking for too much but that's some ideas (and of course you can pick/choose).[/quote]

Above are all fine with all the OBC we can get!

[quote name='sagnellae']I would be interested in going! We'd probably need two cabins if I can get my parents to come along too.[/quote]

The more, the merrier!!!

Still waiting to hear from Laura. But the more we grow, the better the rates I think.

I could be wrong, so please tell me if I am; but when you book as a group I think you loose the right to get discounts/OBC when the cruise goes down. If that is all true, wouldn't it be better to book individually? They should be coming out with some good rates soon, can a group take advantage of those.

[quote name='dsb9938']No, you get a TA who watches the rates and lowers them for you as they drop.

It's in the 'terms and conditions' or whatever they call it.

I would never hamstring myself that way.[/QUOTE]

I am really confused, just how does this group cruise work? Do we all get a TA and let them know we are in a "group". or do we only have one for all of us? Just how does this work?

[quote name='Pegs222']I am really confused, just how does this group cruise work? Do we all get a TA and let them know we are in a "group". or do we only have one for all of us? Just how does this work?[/quote]

You form up a group here. Once you have a group and a sail date/ship you email Laura who runs the groups here.

She calls their TA and sets up your group.

Then each person calls the TA (you all use the CC one) and gets their cabin, pays deposit, etc.

Everything is done through the TA from CC.

[url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupleader.cfm[/url]

I don't think so many people would do it if it weren't a great deal.

Dennis

[quote name='hkolln']As for kids...well we'll be bringing ours (age 10 and 15) with us and have been on cruises before (and I make sure they are always in line and well behaved). They love Camp Carnival and because of that we hardly EVER see them :) They're always busy with that.

Maybe that is why sometimes you don't see alot of the "kids" around on Carnival? They do have a great kids program. It's the spring breakers (college kids) you have to worry about that drink and party and tend to get obnoxious.[/quote]

Being one of those who drinks and parties, I can honestly say that it can be done without bothering people. If you care about bothering people.

As for kids, never had a problem, small ones, or grown ones.

[quote name='dsb9938']You form up a group here. Once you have a group and a sail date/ship you email Laura who runs the groups here.

She calls their TA and sets up your group.

Then each person calls the TA (you all use the CC one) and gets their cabin, pays deposit, etc.

Everything is done through the TA from CC.

[url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupleader.cfm[/url]

I don't think so many people would do it if it weren't a great deal.

Dennis[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks Dennis

[quote name='vlt48']My husband and I would be interested in this cruise and possibly my parents too, depending on what the prices look like. Any month is also good for us. Hope the pricing info comes through soon![/quote]

Well, I hope Laura is reading this, because it looks like we have about 30 people for June and several who want multiple cabins.

I'm being patient, something I don't do well, LOL

:p

100.00 OBC
25.00 Deposit
Cruise Critic Lanyard
Private meet/mingle party[/quote]

I'm also looking into the discounts off CC stuff.

I already bought the things I want, but I'm sure the group may want something.

[quote name='dsb9938']Being one of those who drinks and parties, I can honestly say that it can be done without bothering people. If you care about bothering people.

As for kids, never had a problem, small ones, or grown ones.[/QUOTE]

Well that's good you don't bother people but I'm sure you can attest there are those obnoxious inconsiderate drunks too!!! I've been there and done that on other cruises. I just tend to steer away from that and do the family thing.

[quote name='dsb9938']Well, I hope Laura is reading this, because it looks like we have about 30 people for June and several who want multiple cabins.

I'm being patient, something I don't do well, LOL

:p[/QUOTE]

If the price is right I may book 2 cabins too!

[quote name='Koval'][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]I am just lurking around, and saw some one post about Children, like maybe they didn't want to be bothered with little ones around? We were on the Spirit last Nov, to Mexico for 8 days, they announced at the last show, that we had like 300 kids on board. And that we could thank the Kids staff, if we had enjoyed a kid free cruise. Everyone really was taken back that there were that many kids on board. Either they were the best kids ever or, that staff is really good![/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo]Just thought I would ease a mind or two... Hope what ever you all decide, that it is a great cruise. I am looking for a Group to Alaska, but I think I have to many other things planned, and need to wait til Sept. time and price factors[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

you are so right. i have been on the spirit twice and they have a wonderful kids club and have great things for them too do. i hardly knew there where any on the ship when they announced how many there where. they were very well behaved and kept busy doing activities.

Archived