Another Sanctuary Question?

kreemmer

I am thinking of booking the full ten days when we cruise on the Emerald next month. If I don't feel like using it for a few hours, can my husband use it instead? In other words am I booking a chair and it doesn't matter who is in it or am I booking it for just me. I know my husband might enjoy it for an hour or two but not enough for him to reserve it for a whole week. Thanks for any insights.

Kathy

We just got back from the Mar 10 Emerald Princess sailing and booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise. What a luxury!! They put the passenger name on their "map" of the sanctuary and greet you by name when you arrive. We each had our own loungers so I don't know if you could share one. I saw that they had upped the daily rates to $15 for half day & $20 for full day. The cost for the entire 10 days was $150. There was quite a lineup each sea day for the half day/day passes.

They do have double loungers which would be a great idea for a couple! If you like peace & quiet and comfort with great service, the Sanctuary is worth every penny!

We were just on the Emerald in Feb. The staff is very accomodating.

We got to know them quite well and they recognized us by face and name each time we were there. Sometimes we booked for the afternoon and sometimes would just stop by to see our traveling companions if we had

different things planned for the day. We did tip them at the end of each

day, as they were more than gracious and went out of their way to make

us feel special. I would certainly imagine your situation would work out

fine sharing time with your husband at your 'selected' location. Speak

with Wayan-Im sure he will take excellant care of you. If you would be so kind to jot down our names and tell him Hello from Ms.Sherri & Mr Corny

Thank you, Sherri

Just want to to clarify as we plan to use the sanctuary. I know there is a service charge if you order drinks or food, but when you say you tipped each day, who did this include? Sometimes it gets confusing. I thought that was what the daily charge was for, but I certainly would not want to leave someone out if there were staff depending on tips. Thanks, I am just trying to decide how much cash to take. I would appreciate comments from anyone that has used the sanctuary.

We were just on the Emerald in Feb. The staff is very accomodating.

We got to know them quite well and they recognized us by face and name each time we were there. Sometimes we booked for the afternoon and sometimes would just stop by to see our traveling companions if we had

different things planned for the day. We did tip them at the end of each

day, as they were more than gracious and went out of their way to make

us feel special. I would certainly imagine your situation would work out

fine sharing time with your husband at your 'selected' location. Speak

with Wayan-Im sure he will take excellant care of you. If you would be so kind to jot down our names and tell him Hello from Ms.Sherri & Mr Corny

Thank you, Sherri

They DID help make our trip special, didn't they??? The crew there is MOST accommodating, and we enjoyed their friendship and kindness beyond belief! :)

There are usually 3 people working in the Sanctuary. They will get you

whatever you need, water, cool towels, headsets, move your chairs for you when the sun fades a different direction, get food etc.

We would generally leave 5-10.00. THose same staff members do work

in other areas after the sanctuary closes, ie Cafe Caribe, Horizon Court, etc , so their day doesn't end at 5 or 5:30 when the sanctuary closes.

They offer you no inidcation what so ever that they SHOULD be tipped.

They are kind and helpful with a smile on their face. So it is entirely up

to you . They do work together well , and what tips they do get, they

split with each other. We enjoyed the experience and that was one of the ways we could say thank you.

We booked the mornings we were going to use it.

I understand you can

book when you first board, for the whole cruise (10 day was 150.00 pp

I believe) AND there are a limited number of people they will take for

booking the whole time. (I once heard it was the first 16 people) I have

no first hand knowledge, it my best guess..

We provided a tip for each Sanctuary staff (four of them) at the end of the 10 day cruise. Wayan was excellent, always smiling and very helpful indeed. It was personal preference and certainly not required.

They do have a limit to the number that they sell for the entire cruise. We needed four chairs reserved and they were only prepared to give us two until we spoke to a supervisor. This was shortly after we got on board, so the full cruise reservations must go quickly.

Archived