Dining room

jbroons

Do you eat DESSERT in the DESERT? LOL

Every chance I get, sister! :D I live in the Eastern Oregon DESERT and I LOVE DESSERT.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled topic:

I rely hope I dont every have to skip out on desert in the dinning room or I will prolly hafta cry my ies out. :p

Has anyone ever found that rare berry where you check out books? Some might call it the liberry. I am not sure, I have never been to one but have heard they are magical places with books for free!

I have heard of the Rare Berry...and it is indeed magical!!

The writer was "PROLLY" typing slang, rather than misspelling. Prolly done with a humorous intent.

Dan

I must admit, I've been known to do that. And yes, as slang.

"Twiced" anyone? What is that, I mean really?

Is this a bad time to bring up the proper spelling for room "stewart"? 2r53in9.gif

Never a bad time Nunu.....I think another poster mentioned that one a little while back!;) Something about Steward the Stewart I believe!

Dis bees a spelin tred, youz shudda sed,,,,,,,,,,,,wate four it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh WEIGHT!

Din

Hey Din - I think that it's actually more difficult to spell things "your way"....not second nature, and certainly not taught via education!!

Quite frankly, I cannot believe that a ton of complainers haven't posted on this thread!!....Interesting:rolleyes:

Hey Din - I think that it's actually more difficult to spell things "your way"....not second nature, and certainly not taught via education!!

Quite frankly, I cannot believe that a ton of complainers haven't posted on this thread!!....Interesting:rolleyes:

Maybee dey doan no da spelin iss baad?

My spell checker is starting to overheat! :D:eek:

Dan

Never a bad time Nunu.....I think another poster mentioned that one a little while back!;) Something about Steward the Stewart I believe!

Ha! That was me, you have a good memory.

"Stewart the steward put the mustard next to the ketchup. Say that three times fast."

I hope G'Ma get after youse guys shortly for makin fun of the spellers.

While we're at it:

people, it's "you're" not "your" ------ you're (you ARE) welcome! Not: your welcome.

and, my big pet peeve, grammar style:

people who say "I COULD care less", when they mean "I COULDN'T care less".

LOVE this thread!!!!

Yes, the appropriate use of "your" is put on your hat. :)

What about "pitcher"...."I hope there is places to have our pitcher taken."

Fun thread! Can I play?

I work with an experienced sales person who consistently types in his e-mails that he is going on a "sells" call and hopes to make a "sell". He has been in "sells" for at least 15 years :rolleyes:

I can understand typos. My fingers ignore my brain more often than I care to admit, but both IE and Firefox have spell checkers built in, so when I am done typing I look back for the words that are underlined with a red squiggly line and right click on them to correct my mistakes. A spell checker doesn't help with "loose" vs. "lose" and similar mistakes that are spelled correctly but used wrong, of course. A good grammar check should catch those, but grammar check isn't automatic in IE or Firefox.

While we're complaining :rolleyes:, one of my many pet peeves is people who either don't know how to search, or are just too lazy to search. A great example is the half dozen threads that are active right now on the addition of "waitlisted" to the Dining Time: section of the Carnival My Reservation page or your electronic documents. A simple search for "waitlisted" would have eliminated most of those threads. This also applies to the myriad requests for dress code, internet access on board, etc. A simple search either here or on the Carnival web site would have provided an answer.

OK... Sorry for the hijack. We now return you to your original topic... :D

While we're complaining :rolleyes:, one of my many pet peeves is people who either don't know how to search, or are just too lazy to search. A great example is the half dozen threads that are active right now on the addition of "waitlisted" to the Dining Time: section of the Carnival My Reservation page or your electronic documents. A simple search for "waitlisted" would have eliminated most of those threads.

AMEN, brotha! It wouldn't even require an actual search if people would just READ the first page or two before starting a new thread.

This "waitlisted" topic is as bad as the "fuel supplement refund" back a few months ago. There were dozens of threads about that topic.

Now back to our topic at hand:

This really has been a fun thread. I am so glad they didn't zap it right away like I thought they would. It's nice to get some of my pet peeves off my chest in a fun way that doesn't point fingers at anyone specific. :cool:

Archived